Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Boots/Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 08:17 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,513 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I must confess that I ride (locally) in sneakers when I ride my T/G but on trips when I'm not sure of how the weather may be I put the sneakers somewhere on the bike and wear my boots.

I'm on my second pair of H-D :square toe" engineer/cowboy boots (with zippers on the inner calf) and I have a new "standby" pair which I will probably start wearing next season.
These boots are nearly water-proof and they have good soles for traction and I wear them from late fall into the following spring.
I use "Doc Bailey's" to keep them looking good along with an occasional coating of Kiwi shoe polish (with a brush applicator and a brush buffing) and then a go-over with paper towels (to remove the excess polish) which adds some shine to the matte finish of the leather.

These have really gone up in price since I bought my last pair but I'd think that you may get them cheaper by shopping:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...s/p/98611-14VM

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 08-21-2022 at 09:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jeffprice (08-21-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 08:26 PM
CoolBreeze3646
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 19,589 Likes on 6,909 Posts

I have a pair of these:

https://www.formabootsusa.com/products/hyper-black

They have become my favorite boot for riding on my trike, Yamaha FJ-09 & Sportster.

Comfortable, good protection, easy on/off with side zipper.

Comfortable to walk in also as some of my other boots for street go fast bikes are stiff and not comfortable to walk any distance in.

The following 2 users liked this post by CoolBreeze3646:
jeffprice (08-21-2022), sloufoot (08-22-2022)
Old 08-21-2022, 08:41 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,368 Likes on 3,287 Posts

I recently bought a pair of Harley-Davidson Macleod waterproof boots and they are really comfortable, and actually waterproof. I recently had to ride in the rain for the whole day and my feet stayed completely dry.

The following 3 users liked this post by Notgrownup:
81shovelhd! (02-18-2024), priell3 (08-23-2022), Udawg (02-20-2024)
Old 08-21-2022, 08:56 PM
jeffprice
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I recently bought a pair of Harley-Davidson Macleod waterproof boots and they are really comfortable, and actually waterproof. I recently had to ride in the rain for the whole day and my feet stayed completely dry.

Those look nice and reasonably priced.

Old 08-21-2022, 09:11 PM
CWOFOR
Tourer
Received 156 Likes on 90 Posts

Always boots here; for me I wear a pair of standard issue combat boots. I have worn these my entire adult life, they are still available at most surplus stores, and are reasonably priced. I usually waterproof them and keep them clean and polished (not as much polishing as I use to). Comfortable enough for a 25 mile force march or all day riding, and usually made from quality leather. JMHO

jeffprice (08-21-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 06:00 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffprice
Did you come to Maryville for SMHD or the Dragon?
The Dragon. I happen to be in the lobby geared up when the hotel manager asked if I was there for the dragon. I said yes. Then she told me. AWESOME!

A time or 2 after, I got the discount. Normally, I am 'juss passing thru and hit the dragon.

Originally Posted by CoolBreeze3646
I have a pair of these:

https://www.formabootsusa.com/products/hyper-black

They have become my favorite boot for riding on my trike, Yamaha FJ-09 & Sportster.

Comfortable, good protection, easy on/off with side zipper.

Comfortable to walk in also as some of my other boots for street go fast bikes are stiff and not comfortable to walk any distance in.

JP, don't listen the the CBer above. We went riding a month ago in PA and I took a PIX of his (this is a little embarrassing) "riding boots". Actually, in the PIX is 1 of his boots. The other of course matches.

It is too embarrassing to post here so I will put it in the spoiler below. Oy....... You really need to know your mates here on HDF. Ask me. I will help you out.

Ok, here is the spoiler with the CBers "riding boots" below. don't worry abt the CBer seeing what I posted here bcs he has not learned to read yet.
Spoiler

Actually JP, the CBer is 1 of our most esteemed members. Pretty awesome guy. He is 1 of few that made it as our "MOM" aka Member Of the Month which you will find his write up HERE. <-- When you read up on who the CBer really is, you never wanna "piff" him off. You always want him on your side. But far away from you on your side bcs, well, you know, he hasn't figured out how under arm deodorant works just yet. Can't catch me. Peeeeeooooooowwwwww...........

jeffprice (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 07:27 AM
Padre
Club Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 526 Posts

I definitely prefer boots. I do have a pair of Harley riding sneakers and yes, they are comfy, but I got hit in the front with a stone and it "left a mark" on my foot. It was actually a large bruise that formed after the bleeding stopped. . Boots for me.

jeffprice (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 07:37 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,368 Likes on 3,287 Posts

The Macleod boots have the Vibram soles on them and I think one of the more comfortable soles. I had some USA made HD wolverine’s waterproof boots way back, I had them resoled twice but alas after 14 years had to put them out to pasture.

Old 08-22-2022, 08:12 AM
Padre
Club Member

Received 1,221 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
The Macleod boots have the Vibram soles on them and I think one of the more comfortable soles. I had some USA made HD wolverine’s waterproof boots way back, I had them resoled twice but alas after 14 years had to put them out to pasture.
ok. I see what you did there. Boots made of cowhide out to pasture. Lol

Old 08-22-2022, 08:30 AM
pappy42
Cruiser

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

I use American made Keen, or H&H steel toe, work boot’s because they are available in wider widths, which is is important to my old feet.

Quick Reply: Boots/Shoes