Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Screwed in CA

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 PM
schwangster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenzo
>>>"Contrary to some citations issued recently, exhaust modifications that increase noise are not automatically illegal in California. The regulations allow exhaust modifications increasing noise up to 95 decibels. The California Vehicle Code does not prohibit exhaust modifications, modified tailpipes or muffler tips which increase exhaust noise levels over that of factory-installed systems as long as noise levels do not exceed the 95-decibel limit."<<<
I'm going to carry a copy of that for the "if n when" to show to the cop should I get pulled for that again. Then it should be up to him to prove the 95db issue.
I always wonder-don't they have better things to do? like maybe stop gangster crime? bust a drug production house? check if ALL drivers have a valid licence?

Why pick on the decibel level of Harley riders bikes?
If we all rode with >95db mufflers, will the world be a safer place?
(note-mine are pretty much stock and my bike is old!)

Just don't get why so much money and effort is spent on silencing Harley riders.... unless it's some OTHER agenda (control the non-sheeple!)

Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Kenzo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, it's pretty easy money for the state. Most guys have changed their pipes and will take the hit. When I got cited for that, I was coasting in neutral up to a redlight when I passed by the cop. He didn't hear my bike. He didn't even see my pipes at that point. And when I told him that I'm a sound mixer and had the pipes tuned down because my ears are my bread and butter, he became a real indignant ********. And, then I paid the fine. It was cheaper and easier than taking off from work for a day.
On another note, today I get my bike back with new D&D Fatcats with Big Boar baffles, and with my apes. Running, sounding and looking like the big badass motorcycle that it is.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Until the bill gets signed into law, I wouldn't worry about it and I doubt it will pass.

Too many organizations lobbying against it.

Shawn