Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 02:20 PM
seadblyou
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a new front isolator. The difference is night and day. The severe vibes that were occurring at decel are all but gone. It now vibrates like a Harley should. Riding is so much more enjoyable because of this. Hopefully this isolator lasts.

EXPY, THANKS for this thread!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM
bradley_price79
Stage I
Default would this be better?

I find it kinda strange over all the aftermarket parts for harleys, this motor mount thing hasnt been cured %100 by now..I found this "addon" http://www.jpcycles.com/product/431-...en=13302691932.. i wonder if being added to a new motor mount, it would make the stock mount laster longer. I guess its basically helps prevent some movement in the stock one. Id rather have a stiff mount that vibrates then a broken one ,that well... is broken haha

Last edited by bradley_price79; 08-10-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by expy
Straight to it. There is such a thing as to much vibration. Mine had it and I have looked for months for the answer. This is what fixed it for me.
A new front Isolator. http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...isolator-1.jpg

The old one did not show any damage but had some wear on the top of the rubber. Look at the difference for the mounting block that bolts to the frame, the new one sits about a 1/4" lower. The original isolator was grounding out on the bottom of the front engine mount bracket and creating a bad vibration. New isolator for $109.00 which I purchased from my Indy. This new isolator allows the engine to float in the mounts now. Truthfully no "bad" vibes now. I will go into more detail for anyone needing help but for now I have to go ride my NEW bike.To see if you have the same problem I do have pics of what to look for here... https://www.hdforums.com/m_3490585/tm.htm
What company makes this isolator I want to replace mine, do you have a web link?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
What company makes this isolator I want to replace mine, do you have a web link?
I just changed mine and had the same difference. Mine is just a new HD one and received the same smooth results.

Part Number 47583-90B

Here's my thread I started
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ms-smooth.html

Old 10-19-2010, 09:20 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's the difference in mine, just so it's here too!! Old on the left, New on the right!!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

OK cool, that will be a winter Harley-Do project!

Here's mine, it's a 2007 FXDBI

Attached Thumbnails  Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics-07fxbi10a.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

Originally Posted by bradley_price79
I find it kinda strange over all the aftermarket parts for harleys, this motor mount thing hasnt been cured %100 by now..I found this "addon" http://www.jpcycles.com/product/431-...en=13302691932.. i wonder if being added to a new motor mount, it would make the stock mount laster longer. I guess its basically helps prevent some movement in the stock one. Id rather have a stiff mount that vibrates then a broken one ,that well... is broken haha
Good point Brad, BUT, the reason for the isolation mounting system is to take excessive vibration away from the frame and other components so you're not going through neck bearings, swing arms and frames. The solid mounting system for the super glides over the years (4 speed frame designs) resulted in lot of wear and damage to all other parts and aspects of the motorcycle than the motor.
Owning a few of the older bikes made me realize that Harley had a good idea for isolating engine vibration and no its not perfected but like the history of Harley Davidson over time they have been known to cure some serious issues with their designs. Sucks that people get stuck with certain model years BUT HD offers upgrades to fix the past problems on their older models.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn e.

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Im my picture there should be a gap?
I have had a big issue with excessive vibration in both the footpegs and the handlebar for a while. Especially the left footpeg was bad, it felt like something clunking on the frame and I could feel it in the left footpeg. I checked everything on the bike several times and couldn't find any loose mounts or bolts or anything.Then I came across this thread. So I went to check out my front motor mount again. My front isolator looked like the picture above with the top of the rubber touching the motor mount bracket. I took of the isolator and cut off some of the rubber with a sharp knife, so now there is a gap again between the rubber and the motor mount bracket. Put the isolator back on and took it out for a ride and WOW what a difference. It is really like night and day. Now it is so smooth and it's really like getting a whole new bike, now I really enjoy riding

So anyway I did not buy a new isolator but just shaved of the top of the rubber and it works perfect. Hope this info is helpfull for others in here

Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Gay Rider
Banned

Hey if you don't mind would you snap a pic of your update... I'm probably going to do the same thing. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
Hey if you don't mind would you snap a pic of your update... I'm probably going to do the same thing. Thanks!
Here ya go I just cut of the hump on top of the isolator.

Attached Thumbnails  Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics-isolator1.jpg    Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics-isolator2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics