Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounting a Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:19 PM
RJHD
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mounting a Power Vision

I picked up a tech mount and was thinking of mounting my Power Vision on my Fatbob bars. Anyone have any tips on routing the wiring back? I'm wondering if I'll have to pull the tank to get the wiring under it.

Anyone mounted a PV to their Dyna?

Old 04-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Rat Trap
Tourer
Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

I mounted mine on the left side of the bars. I removed the seat and the bolt on the rear of the gas tank and "lifted" it a little, maybe 4 or 5 inches. Ran the cable along the left side of the frame. Zip tied it to some other cables to hold it. It comes out at the front on the left side between the the tank and the frame.

Sorry but I didn't get any pictures.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:57 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

What mounts are you guys using specifically??

Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I only temporarily mounted my PV-1 to the dash long enough to run through the AutoTune steps several times, then dismounted the unit and boxed it back up.

But there is one tip I can offer: after you pull the fuse panel cover off there is just enough open space in the upper left hand corner to snake the small connector of the PV-1 cable through to the cavity under the seat. Pull all the slack through, then join the PV-1 big connector with the MoCO datalink connector and you're done with that end.

From the seat cavity you should be able to route the PV-1 cable under the tank up to bars where your mount is - you should probably undo the tank bolts and prop it up to give you better access to the underside. Try to hook/loop the PV-1 cable to the existing MoCo wire bundles so that the PV-1 cable doesn't just lay on top of the motor.

Hope it works out for you.

~

Old 04-30-2013, 06:34 PM
RJHD
Tourer

Originally Posted by O-Town D
I only temporarily mounted my PV-1 to the dash long enough to run through the AutoTune steps several times, then dismounted the unit and boxed it back up.

But there is one tip I can offer: after you pull the fuse panel cover off there is just enough open space in the upper left hand corner to snake the small connector of the PV-1 cable through to the cavity under the seat. Pull all the slack through, then join the PV-1 big connector with the MoCO datalink connector and you're done with that end.

From the seat cavity you should be able to route the PV-1 cable under the tank up to bars where your mount is - you should probably undo the tank bolts and prop it up to give you better access to the underside. Try to hook/loop the PV-1 cable to the existing MoCo wire bundles so that the PV-1 cable doesn't just lay on top of the motor.

Hope it works out for you.

~
Thanks for the detailed info. Was hoping I wouldn't have to pull the tank. I bought a tech mount off eBay. It's pretty low profile. Not sure how long I'll leave the PV on there. Long enough to do a few auto tunes and play with some of the features probably.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

You don't have to pull tank. You can run it under the dash past the speedo and out the opening in the front right to the bars. I have mine mounted between my risers.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:17 PM
RJHD
Tourer

Hmm...never thought of trying to go over the tank. Will have a look at that.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What others have said, is what I did. Not tank removal. There is a cable tray running down the left side length of the frame beside the tank. I laid it in there to keep it from rubbing or burning on anything. It came out under the tank and I ran it over to the clutch cable to be zip-tied. I wasn't sure I would keep it on there, but I like the features (engine temp mostly. Throttle position, and fuel computer is cool too)
Used a Ram Mount