Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what diameter handlebars on 2012 FXDWG

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 05:15 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default what diameter handlebars on 2012 FXDWG

I know, this sounds like a stupid question. Just bought a new 2012 FXDWG. I may need to buy some pullback risers. Current risers and bar are stock. Hubby insists the bars are NOT 1", but rather at least 1.25", yet I have found pullback risers that SAY they are for my bike but indicate they are for 1" bars.

What diameter are my handlebars please ??? I don't want to order something only to have them not fit.

Thank you!!

Last edited by June Bug; 04-13-2014 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:59 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If they are the same as my 2011 then they are 1 1/4", but they taper down to 1" at the grip ends and in the center.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:06 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by WideGlideFever
If they are the same as my 2011 then they are 1 1/4", but they taper down to 1" at the grip ends and in the center.
Hmmm... thanks for the response. Right now, my hubby is still insisting the bars on my bike do NOT taper down to 1" at the center. I normally trust/believe him on such issues but not so much on this for some reason, lol ..... The pull back riser Harley sells says it's for 1-1/4" bars. The bars I see others selling say they fit my bike but then go on to say they are for 1" bars. If I buy, I don't want to pay the price Harley wants, but then again, I don't want to buy something to save money only to have them not work. What's a girl to do, lol!

Oh - and your bike is a 2011? Mine is a 2012, and has the same paint job. Didn't know they repeated ?

Old 04-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by June Bug
Hmmm... thanks for the response. Right now, my hubby is still insisting the bars on my bike do NOT taper down to 1" at the center. I normally trust/believe him on such issues but not so much on this for some reason, lol ..... The pull back riser Harley sells says it's for 1-1/4" bars. The bars I see others selling say they fit my bike but then go on to say they are for 1" bars. If I buy, I don't want to pay the price Harley wants, but then again, I don't want to buy something to save money only to have them not work. What's a girl to do, lol! Oh - and your bike is a 2011? Mine is a 2012, and has the same paint job. Didn't know they repeated ?
If you can get a good shot of the clamp area, particularly where the bars meet the clamp, that should solve it. I believe it was the WideGlide that came w/ 1.25" bars, that tapered to 1" at the controls. I have both 1&1.25" clamps listed for the WG, so, I have wondered if it was an option/dealer option, etc.

Chase

Old 04-13-2014, 07:36 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

It's 1.25". They do NOT taper down at the clamps. I have the 6" pull back risers. Make sure you ditch the rubber bushings and get polly bushings when you switch out the risers.

I assume you've already looked but here is a link to the specific part.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-09-5626609--1

Mule

Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM
USMAMule
Road Master

P.S. I know it says 1" bars, but they fit fine... I have been running them for more than three years. They close up all the way, and hold tight with no trouble at all.

Good Luck,

Mule

Old 04-14-2014, 01:36 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by USMAMule
It's 1.25". They do NOT taper down at the clamps. I have the 6" pull back risers. Make sure you ditch the rubber bushings and get polly bushings when you switch out the risers.

I assume you've already looked but here is a link to the specific part.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-09-5626609--1

Mule
Yup - that's exactly what dear hubby says - that he measured and they do NOT taper down at the center. IF I go with the pull back riders, I do believe I would ditch the rubber bushings. I think hubby did that several years back with a bike he had at the time.

I am hoping that for now the rolling of the handlebars this weekend will do. Besides feeling a bit stretched out I felt I was leaning down. With the back issues I have, it was my back, more than anything that I was concerned would start bother me on long rides. I brought them up a bit, but it was too much, (handling suffered), so I nudged them back down just a bit and for now I think they are just right. Hoping that will do the trick so I don't have to spend the money. But wanted to know what I would need if I decide to go the pull back riser way.

Thanks for all the comments/help. Much appreciated.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:37 PM
USMAMule
Road Master

I went with the pull backs for similar reasons...comfort on longer rides makes them so much more enjoyable. Good luck with whatever you decided to do. Keep on riding!

All The Best,

Mule