Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 07-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Road Master
Default True Track on a 2013 Road Glide

So I just installed the True Track on my 2013 Road Glide.

First and foremost I was not sure I needed this stabilizer but the price was right and I figured it could not hurt to throw it on my bike.

Mind you I already have WORKS Performance cartridge fork springs, and WORKS Performance rear shocks. With that said my bike handles pretty darn good. However, there is some areas on particular streets, canyons, and freeways where the bike tracks a bit or gets a little loose. Now it's nothing to cry about but nonetheless it's there and I notice it.

So hence I started to look into stabilizers etc. a buddy of mine test product for True Track so I thought with his recommendation I would give it a whirl.

So I have ridden the bike for about 50 miles hitting the areas where I felt my bike not at a 100%.

So far so good it's still not 100% but I can sure tell you it's between 95-97%. So with that said I'm pretty darn satisfied with the product.

I will keep you guys posted as I ride more and as I take the bike out and let her rip in the canyons.

As for the install. It's super super easy tool me about 45 mins. Probably could have done it quicker but I had to download the instructions from the computer.

Anyway, I'm happy so I thought I'd share the info with you guys.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
mark momb

Cool, keep us posted on impressions of ride and handling. What is $ for the item?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Club Member
Default True Track

Im with you..I love the product..put it on at upper thirty thousand miles and replaced the swingarm rubber mounts at the same time..I dont think the mounts would have worn so bad had the True Track been in place all along..Rides like its on rails now..Scooter
Old 07-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Road Master

I did not pay retail. But I think they are between 350-400 bucks.

Ill keep you all posted.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:04 PM
Club Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowcountry Joe

Great product and I could tell a significant difference when I installed it.

Two things I have noticed:

1) The plate will get in the way of a portable jack if your bike is too low and you are using stock wheels. When I went to 19/18 wheels, that problem was solved. Regardless, the plate makes for an uneven jack approach. But, it's not a show stopper.

2) The crossover exhaust pipe was touching the right-rear side of the stabilizer bracket when the exhaust got hot and expanded. I had to grind some of the aluminum away in that area (not much at all) to guarantee clearance in my setup.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Road Master

I use a scissor jack. I had no problem. When I installed it I had the bike lifted off the ground no problems with it being uneven.

But I can see this being an issue if you are using a large atv style jack.

A for the exhaust I don't have a crossover so I won't have this issue but I can see how this may be an issue.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

I've had a True Track for 2 years on my 2011 FLTRX , I use a J & S Jack and have no issues , I run 12" JRi Shocks in the rear and Progressive Monotubes up front , my bike never had a death wobble like many describe but in sweeping turns it always felt like my rear tire was low on air and a little loose , True Track solved that for me and I am very happy
Tim J ,2011 FLTRX 103 , T Man 600 cams, Zippers Air Cleaner, Dragula Pipe, Baisley Heads , TTS Mastertuner, Hawg-Wired 4 in the face amp and 4 speakers, BR Sweeping Beaters Bars, Ohlins #6 shocks / Ohlins forks, C & C solo seat, passenger pillion & backrest & fender bib, Dakota Digital Gauges , Motorcycle Metals HID Head Lights, Skull Air Cleaner & Skull Air Horn ,Brukus Saddlebag,Seat & Fender Secure,True-Track Stabilizer , Jagg Fan Assisted 10 row oil cooler ,and so much more
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj316 View Post
I've had a True Track for 2 years on my 2011 FLTRX , I use a J & S Jack and have no issues , I run 12" JRi Shocks in the rear and Progressive Monotubes up front , my bike never had a death wobble like many describe but in sweeping turns it always felt like my rear tire was low on air and a little loose , True Track solved that for me and I am very happy
Stoked that you like the product. I feel the same way you feel.
12in Westcoast T Bars, HD Enforcer Wheels, Lyndall Black Rotors, RSD Blunt A/C, RSD Tracker Grips, Black Freedom Performance American Outlaws True Dual, HD Smoked Lens, HD 9in Wind Splitter, HD Black Daymaker, SE259e Cam, SE 10.5.1 Pistons, SE Val Springs, SE Spark Plugs, SE Perfect Fit Push Rods, SE Race Tuner, Hawg Wired Speakers and Amp,Lots of Powder Coat. SMCVO
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM

P