Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superbrace

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 09:53 PM
charloo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbrace

I wanted to search but for whatever reason I am unable to so I figured I'd ask. Does the super brace actually have any significance? As well, what about True Track? Thanks

Old 01-17-2015, 03:16 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Super Brace,no. True Track,yes. Try using the computer in front of you and not just exclusively on this forum. Google and You Tube are your friends.

Old 01-17-2015, 04:21 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not so fast... can't speak for OldEnuf2NoBtr's experience but the Superbrace made a noticeable improvement to the handling of my '05 Dyna. The bike no longer wants to follow grooves in highway pavement, tar snakes, etc., and it tracks better in corners.
I've read a thread or two where it was suggested that braces like the Superbraces and others make a bigger improvement on 39mm front ends than they do on the 49mm front ends found on '06 and newer Dynas. I don't know if its true or not.

Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

+1 on the superbrace. Also on the true track or sputhe setup. Just tightens the bike up a bit

Old 01-17-2015, 03:40 PM
bessee
Intermediate
Default The superbrace should be on ALL bikes

I had a Superbrace on my last three bikes. Best money ever spent and probably the most noticeable improvement in handling you can get for the money spent.

The second most important addition should be good shocks. OEM shocks are a one-size-fits-all part and there are lots of considerations to be taken in to account with regards to the type, style and duration of riding you do as well as physical attributes (weight, etc). Talk with one of the technicians at the shock companies about specifications for your situation.

The combination of these two items should be at the top of all buyers projects.

I've only recently started looking at the tracking systems. The concept seems sound, the price not too high,...but I've not noticed the problems that they're designed to resolve and I'm a pretty hard rider. After I've got a few more miles on my bike and a better set of new tires it may become apparent. We'll see. The jury's still out on that one.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

yes, the brace makes a noticeable difference, front is more solid, suspension worls better & smoother rider., worth the money.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:37 PM
charloo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Super Brace,no. True Track,yes. Try using the computer in front of you and not just exclusively on this forum. Google and You Tube are your friends.

I'm well aware what the internet can do and how to use it, but the website will give biased information about their product, which is why I asked on the forum about first hand experience. Apparently you couldn't comprehend that. At least you amused me momentarily

Old 01-17-2015, 08:38 PM
charloo
Cruiser

Thank you to those who put in their experience.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:54 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

super brace and SPUTHE

also, buy good rear shocks

Old 01-17-2015, 09:01 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

True Track eliminated rear wheel wobble for me, and that is a big plus in my books.

Quick Reply: Superbrace