Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP3 on 2015 Road Glide my review.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 03:07 AM
H-D Nomad
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default FP3 on 2015 Road Glide my review.

I have a 2015 Road Glide special with V&H slash cut round slip on mufflers. I have done 5000 miles on her since new and these pipes have been fitted since day 1. The active exhaust flap (uk model) has always been set to open and apart from that she is standard.
As standard she has always seemed to run hot, and have a herky jerky throttle at slow speed and small throttle openings always seemed good on the open road.
After much research I settled on trying out the FP3 and I'm so glad I did, it's transformed the bike.
The FP3 is so easy to use, you can down load a canned V&H map for your set up which is what I did at first and it made the bike a lot smoother with better response however after I installed this map and ran her for a while I then proceeded to do an autotune session. I ran the bike in autotune, (tweeks the canned V&H map to suit your bike) in all throttle conditions and engine loads I could replicate and all I can say is wow. It made the bike even smoother and the power and responsiveness are up, I'm incredibly happy with the result. The FP3 also allows you change the throttle sensitivity, engine idle and the state of the active exhaust flap. I upped the throttle sensitivity to moderate, exhaust flap still set to open and dropped the idle to 900rpm. I don't have a dyno tuner anywhere near so this autotune feature has really helped me out.
The ease of use really couldn't be simpler plus you can make adjustments to all values if you know what your doing and have a dyno to work with. Also it has a feature where you can select cams if you have upgraded these, a list of all the popular companies and grinds are available and this can be added to your map before an autotune session. However I think a V&H map plus an auto session will be enough for most unless if your running a built motor then dyno time is always going to net you the best results.
You can download the FP3 app for free and have a play with it and see the FP3 features before purchasing the unit, I did this and it's interesting to see what you can do. All in all a big thumbs up for this tuner!
All you need to remap your bike at home is a smart phone, wifi (initial setup) and the FP3.
Once the FP3 is installed you can make adjustments on the road using your smart phone via Bluetooth.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:55 AM
valpal
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by H-D Nomad
Once the FP3 is installed you can make adjustments on the road using your smart phone via Bluetooth.
That is correct. But one thing I had trouble with is that every time I fire up the App on the phone, and connect it to the bike, it looks for an update. This will fail if there is no connection (such as, for instance, in the sticks or in an underground garage = my situation home) and makes the app then not work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I just made it a habit to not connect it without proper online access on the phone (whichever sort; even slow one works).