2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Cruize control install

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 09:25 AM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

I did this last summer on my 2017 Fat Boy. After you install it check operation. Some bikes are already enabled as was mine. Dealer said it's hit and miss, probably depends on who programmed ecus that day. They were going to do it at no cost anyway...so no loss either way.

Old 02-20-2019, 11:59 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaystn62
I did this last summer on my 2017 Fat Boy. After you install it check operation. Some bikes are already enabled as was mine. Dealer said it's hit and miss, probably depends on who programmed ecus that day. They were going to do it at no cost anyway...so no loss either way.
Yes, I now, will try that first for sure, I also looking for programming that stuff myself like I did on my cars and Can Am. It must be possible to buy such a thing that uses a pc and software.

I had the same thing with my BMW Z4, I bought the car new without cc and after I got the car I was sorry that I didn't took that option so I ordered as a aftersales product by the dealer.
Same story here, the dealer told me that they need to activate it after I installed, I did the install ( all the wiring was there ) so it was a simple and easy install. I just needed to put the
steeringcolum switch at his place and that was it. I did a testdrive and all works perfect except I couldn't read the programmed speed in the tacho but that never disturbed me. I had the
car for allmost 14 years and she has continued to work. The big plus of all was that the cc in total has cost less than I ordered them from factory.

At this moment I can code all BMW's and Chevrolet (Fiat / Abarth) as Can Am aswell, so Harley must be possible to. If anybody have a link to such software and or equipement I'm
glad to here more of it. On Ebay I found such devices for about 1500 USD, my guess is that it must be possible to get it cheaper than that.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:41 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

I just got the parts deliverd, it took the customs more then a week to declaire the parcel

Old 03-12-2019, 11:41 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

I have already installed it, it took me no more than 15 minutes, including taking my tools and taking pictures, this is by far the easiest mod i have ever done

Old 03-12-2019, 11:50 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

What I find strange is that there no extra wires comes out of this plug, wonder how this works and whether it is not easy to bridge with a universal switch. I have now disconnected it from the battery and leave it that way
for the night. Tomorrow I will reconnect the battery and do a test drive, this system works at BMW. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, additional modules are read into the ecu. Wonder if this is also the case
with Harley.

At BMW you just have to leave it without power for long enough, now that this is not a problem because I have all the software for programming. I am now looking for software / hardware to program Harley, I have already
found something on Ebay and it clearly states that you can activate CC with it and many other things.

The only problem is the cost, now it doesn't matter that it costs so much but I have to import it from the USA and I refuse to give $300 or more to the government for this so I am still looking for a solution not to have to
import it. So if someone can help me with that, that is very welcome.

Old 03-12-2019, 12:23 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
What I find strange is that there no extra wires comes out of this plug, wonder how this works and whether it is not easy to bridge with a universal switch. I have now disconnected it from the battery and leave it that way
for the night. Tomorrow I will reconnect the battery and do a test drive, this system works at BMW. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, additional modules are read into the ecu. Wonder if this is also the case
with Harley.

At BMW you just have to leave it without power for long enough, now that this is not a problem because I have all the software for programming. I am now looking for software / hardware to program Harley, I have already
found something on Ebay and it clearly states that you can activate CC with it and many other things.

The only problem is the cost, now it doesn't matter that it costs so much but I have to import it from the USA and I refuse to give $300 or more to the government for this so I am still looking for a solution not to have to
Great job on this, hope the computer sees the new part.
Cruise control makes highway life so much easier.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:09 AM
supernac
Tourer
Received 234 Likes on 129 Posts

with Harley.

Did it work?

Old 03-14-2019, 10:17 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

No it didn't work but I ordered the Motorscan 6050, with this device you can read and write all the HD ECM and other brands ( I bought the full package ) . I know that the dealer can activate it for a few
dollars but I only go to a dealer to buy a new bike, thats it .

Keep you posted when I receive my Motorscan 6050 next week.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:33 PM
supernac
Tourer
Received 234 Likes on 129 Posts

No it didn't work but I ordered the Motorscan 6050, with this device you can read and write all the HD ECM and other brands ( I bought the full package ) . I know that the dealer can activate it for a few

Thats too bad, I’ll pick one up and install it before my next service, hopefully they will activate it for free. CC is the one thing I miss from my last bike, H-D should of made it standard.

Old 03-14-2019, 06:47 PM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

You had me excited until....

Amazon has the Motorscan 6050 listed for $4626.95.
Amazon Amazon

My fervor is thoroughly calmed. May even have mechanics do all my work in the future for that price. LOL!

Quick Reply: Cruize control install