2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 06:40 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 704 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by Brayden
So I can send my power vision tune to your server and have a tech enable cruise control after I install the cruise control module/switch?

Old 01-28-2020, 06:48 AM
Brayden
Cruiser
Received 99 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by 24v
yea my thoughts exactly

Old 01-28-2020, 07:41 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
Thanks!
It is not possible with the Memobike Motorscan 6050, I even emailed the dealer and he confirmed, he also said that I was the first who asked for this option .

Old 01-28-2020, 09:26 AM
V&HBryan
Banned
Received 137 Likes on 84 Posts

Just clarifying - you're referring to the cruise control, right?
Yes, that is correct. If you're an FP3 user, all you have to do is navigate to the Customer Support menu, select Vance & Hines Support, then scroll down and press the Upload ECU Contents button. From there contact a CSR rep or me through email/phone/chat, and ask to have the cruise control enabled on your bike.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 AM
V&HBryan
Banned

Originally Posted by Brayden
So I can send my power vision tune to your server and have a tech enable cruise control after I install the cruise control module/switch?
Technically speaking, I would be capable of making this happen, but without an FP3 you wouldn't have a way to get the new file with enabled cruise control back into your bike.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:50 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by V&HBryan
Technically speaking, I would be capable of making this happen, but without an FP3 you wouldn't have a way to get the new file with enabled cruise control back into your bike.

I had contact before with V&H about the CC on my FXBB, I programmed the CC in the bike with the Motorscan and works fine but after going to autotune with the FP3 the CC is gone and I need to install it again. I was told by
Chris that he could alter the map in my FP3 so it wont be gone each time I do a autotune, now my question is, if you alter the map and CC is enabeld in that map and I do a autonue will this alter the CC again ?

Old 01-28-2020, 09:57 AM
V&HBryan
Banned

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I had contact before with V&H about the CC on my FXBB, I programmed the CC in the bike with the Motorscan and works fine but after going to autotune with the FP3 the CC is gone and I need to install it again. I was told by
Chris that he could alter the map in my FP3 so it wont be gone each time I do a autotune, now my question is, if you alter the map and CC is enabeld in that map and I do a autonue will this alter the CC again ?
Once it's enabled, it's enabled. Our base calibrations do not have this feature enabled, so any map you download from the server and use as a base calibration will not have cruise control. If Chris set you up for cruise control and you used that tune as the base for an AutoTune session, then you will retain the cruise once you've completed the session. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend using cruise control while running an AutoTune session.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:32 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by V&HBryan
Once it's enabled, it's enabled. Our base calibrations do not have this feature enabled, so any map you download from the server and use as a base calibration will not have cruise control. If Chris set you up for cruise control and you used that tune as the base for an AutoTune session, then you will retain the cruise once you've completed the session. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend using cruise control while running an AutoTune session.

Oke thanks, will upload the map tomorrow. Do I need to ad some comment or send a email with the comment to enable CC.

Old 01-28-2020, 12:39 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,259 Likes on 1,285 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
It is not possible with the Memobike Motorscan 6050, I even emailed the dealer and he confirmed, he also said that I was the first who asked for this option .
Thanks for checking! I didn't expect it would be, just thought I'd take a stab at it. No worries, it's only a minor inconvenience...

Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks for checking! I didn't expect it would be, just thought I'd take a stab at it. No worries, it's only a minor inconvenience...

You are welcome, if I hear about a solution I'll contact you.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control