Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help finding Zumo 665 Mount

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:37 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Help finding Zumo 665 Mount

Hey guys, i was at my local stealer today and they had an Ultra-Screaming Eagle...really nice for only $37,000 +-. One thing i really liked about it was it had a leather bra (for lack of better term) on the shelf just below the windscreen on the inner fairing. On it, appearing to be an intragal part of the "bra"-cover was the Zumo mount. I went to parts and talked to them and they checked the SE catalog and found the bra-cover but none with the zumo mount. The sales person said it came from the factory like that and it might have been a special "custom" job. I did a web serarch and couldn't find anything. Has anyone seen one like this. Now that I'm home i kick myself in the a$$ for not snapping a pic. I like the idea of the fairing mount but i don't necessarily want to drill holes in it. This one looked like it did not have any need to dill as it looked as part of the cover. I could be mistaken, but it really looked sweet. i have a ram mount now and is a PITA by getting in the way of the mirror. Anyway, appreciate any insight you guys might be able to provide. They'll call the factory on tuesday for me, when they open back up, but i thought there might be an aftermarket item someone might have seen.

Thanks
cass

Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM
jmcd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you are talking about , I got the mount and dash pad in my shop waiting on me to install them on the bike , I will get you some part numbers for you later today ,

Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM
cass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jmcd
I know what you are talking about , I got the mount and dash pad in my shop waiting on me to install them on the bike , I will get you some part numbers for you later today ,
thank you sir, really appreciate the help. don't happen to remember what the cost was do you? doesn't matter, i want it.

thanks again for the help.

cass

Old 06-25-2011, 04:33 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CASS / JMCD,

Part #s would be awesome. I have the same dilemma. I want to add the mount but don't want something dangling from the handlebars. And, with the pad mount it appears that all of the cabling is internal to the fairing.

I'll hang and wait for the #s to be posted before I scream over to my local guys and get 'em on order.

Old 06-25-2011, 05:22 PM
cass
Road Warrior

In Harley parts, i found the number for "a" pad on line 58262-05 but couldn't find anything that incorporated the Zumo mount. Mounting instructions for the pad call for the outer fairing to be removed and two holes to be drilled into the inner fairing. I suspect the Zumo mount somehow fits into the pad, or the pad goes over the Zumo mounting hardware. either way, it sure looked good and certainly much better than the ram mount on the handlebar and probably better than the Zumo itself.

cass

Old 06-25-2011, 06:05 PM
jmcd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go

1106 Screw
1107 Screw
7686 Locknuts (2)
92346-10 mount (accepts garmin cradle)
92466-10 Retainer (goes inside fairing for support)
57885-10 Pad (dashpad specific to cradle mount, already has holes)

If I rember it was around 150 bucks ,not counting the GPS.
Here is a Pic i found on what it looks like , hope it is what you are talking about.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:13 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain
Old 06-26-2011, 08:02 AM
cass
Road Warrior

sure looks similar....the pad is right, but i think the mount is a little different. it blended different i think. might have to go back and take another peek. Thanks for the info I'll take it to the dealer and see what we can come up with. Hey Chief go ahead and get that if you want. I'm not ready to pull the trigger yet. Btw, you a lanyard puller (CW4 131A)?

cass

Old 06-26-2011, 09:26 AM
LadyDeluxe
Outstanding HDF Member

I just had the padded dash and mount added and love it. Found the complete parts list on the forum.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...gps-mount.html

Old 06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
CW4_131A
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cass
Btw, you a lanyard puller (CW4 131A)?
cass
Cass, Not a lanyard puller, a digit thrower (counter mortar/battery radars). Spent a lifetime as a red leg. You?

Quick Reply: Help finding Zumo 665 Mount