Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Air Suspension Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lo Rider Air Ride System! Talk to Aaron at www.bikebuddypro.com tell him I sent you!

Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Still wondering where the compressor is mounted on a Fatboy, as well as feedback on the rideability of the air systems. Input please?

Roger

Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
PhatDLX
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dinger
Hi Lo Rider Air Ride System! Talk to Aaron at www.bikebuddypro.com tell him I sent you!
Hi Lo unit on my Deluxe as well. My decision all came down to Aaron's Customer Service and Lifetime Warranty. No issues here.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was staying away from the SAS because you have to drop the system to change the Trans fluid, but now it sounds like you need to do that anyway. Nobody has said that before in the other air ride threads.

I think I like the integrated system myself. Eliminating the hoses seems to be a good idea.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I am also looking for an air suspension. I have heard some good things about the Legend Air Ride L3 and L9.

Anyone have experience?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:02 PM
puckthis
Advanced

the sas is very simple to install. have had it for 1 1/2 years. had a problem twice. one i broke the toggle switch. the other my compressor wasn't pumping enough air into the system because i didn't run the external breather that has a filter on it and i got water on the inside of the unit. talked to custom cycle, they took the unit back and 3 days later they sent me my unit back. just remember no matter what air ride you go with. thier will eventually be problems so save your stock shocks so you don't have to buy new ones if you have any problems.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:18 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

Well, I'm leaning pretty heavily towards the SAS... looks like a great solution. If I'm going to spend a grand for a major accessory for my $20k+ bike, might as well spend another $500 or so for the best solution.

As far as dropping the SAS, or any other replacement, to access the tranny plug, it sounds like the SAS is easy to get out of the way as infrequently as I'd have to do it.

I still have to do more research on the other suggestions, as I don't think I have enough information to make the final decision. Thanks for the tips, and keep the input coming!

Roger

Old 09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
SDEUCET
Cruiser
Default Adding another name to the mix!!

Thought I would through another name in the mix! Arnott http://www.arnottairride.com/product...sp?groupId=137
Bilstein shocks and Goodyear air bags. Hard to beat not a lifetime warranty but here is their warranty:
Warranty Information:
Take the Arnott Challange today!
If you are not 100% satisfied with your new air ride system, we will refund 100% of your purchase price, if returned within the first 30 days. The system also comes complete with a full 5 Year Warranty.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior

There's a pretty good article outlining the installation of the SAS system:

http://hotbike.automotive.com/71100/...tem/index.html

Roger

Old 09-04-2008, 09:26 PM
06kustom
Cruiser

Have this setup on my Night Train after I did the Heartland 250 Kit, the SAS rides better than stock even 2up riding. Very comfortable and predictable around turns.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Recommendations