Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another winter another empty wallet....

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:27 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
Default another winter another empty wallet....

Let me see if I can get all this straight.....

2012 stock Streetglide

first upgrade....
stock HU with Rockford fosgate t-165 and RF 300x2 great set up for the price but I needed more options for music.....(should of just bought the sirius module for stock radio and bluetooth thing)

that winter I put in the sony radio that holds the iphone....ok options are better but still no sirius (thought I could add it but I was mistaken)

decided to add the t165 s with the tweeter separate from the speaker.the sound is incredible for guitars and voice but the bass is missing and speaker seems to really loose it when you get it turned up

decided time to upgrade the sony to another sony unit with better features like sirius ready,usb,bluetooth and love the radio for the long road trips i never get off sirius but if we get into thick trees or high canyon walls I switch to usb this set up has filled the different options for on the fly tuning

but I still find the sound is missing something......something.....seem to always be trying to get more out of it when a good song on.....maybe me? maybe not....riding out to sturgis with group of friends and one of the guys just put the biketronics 7.1 speakers with a 4180 amp in his ultra(also 7.1 pods in rear) and I can say when i heard this from across a gas station I was impressed....so much so i have not stopped thinking about it....so here we are winter here and its time to spend the money again.......

looking for some info see if anyone here has the Bt with lowers....

thinking going with the Bt 4180 and the 7.1 in the faring then going with set 6.5(no pods for anything bigger) in the lowers then adding a set speaker pods with 7.1 in the chopped tour pack for trips......Can i make it so i can remove the tour pack and lowers? just run the 4180 with the faring speakers? looks like all speakers (up to 8) are wired parallel?

bought a set of vented lowers waiting to send them out for paint till I find the speaker pod.....for those with speakers in lowers did you send speaker pod out for paint? left them black? where you buy pods? looks like biketronics does not sell the pods for the lowers?

worth doing this?

Last edited by scumBAGGER; 10-26-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
...bought a set of vented lowers waiting to send them out for paint till I find the speaker pod.....for those with speakers in lowers did you send speaker pod out for paint? left them black? where you buy pods? looks like biketronics does not sell the pods for the lowers?

worth doing this?
I ran lids and lowers on my road king. Go to the dealership, have them look up the part number for left and right 2013 CVO Road King speaker pods. Cost me $47/ea locally. I painted them to match the fairings.

If you're only going to run 4 speakers and an amp, I would upgrade the dash and add Hog Tunes lids before I added lowers. For me, when I'm going down the road the lids and dash setup makes it sound like I'm wearing a set of headphones. Puts you right in the sweet spot. Just my preference.

Lowers do have the benefit of reducing fatigue over the long mileage rides. Also nice in colder weather and when it's raining. Kind of spoiled by them now that I've had them a while.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:13 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jayhawkclint
I ran lids and lowers on my road king. Go to the dealership, have them look up the part number for left and right 2013 CVO Road King speaker pods. Cost me $47/ea locally. I painted them to match the fairings.

If you're only going to run 4 speakers and an amp, I would upgrade the dash and add Hog Tunes lids before I added lowers. For me, when I'm going down the road the lids and dash setup makes it sound like I'm wearing a set of headphones. Puts you right in the sweet spot. Just my preference.

Lowers do have the benefit of reducing fatigue over the long mileage rides. Also nice in colder weather and when it's raining. Kind of spoiled by them now that I've had them a while.
are the Hd pods 6.5 or 5.7?

I like the idea of lowers for the rain and cooler weather.....the only issue I have on long trips is driving into rain, I suck at stopping in time to put on gear or stop and end up riding in gear and no rain....usually ride right out of rain most the time so a set lowers to keep feet dry is going to be a plus.....

Old 10-26-2014, 10:20 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I remember seeing someone here that had a chopped tour pack with the king pad on the pack? thinking adding the speaker pods and king pad......

Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts
Old 10-26-2014, 11:22 PM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I cant tell if those are non vented or vented? go to Faring Factory website and they do not sell vented speaker pods. I'm starting to like the Hd ones more and more at 43$$ lol