Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BT Package from 2010 to 2016 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 11:00 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 572 Likes on 216 Posts
Default BT Package from 2010 to 2016 ?

I am selling my 2010 Street Glide and buying a 2016 Limited and have been making a list of things that will move over to the new bike and things that wont.

Since I do not have the new bike yet to see for myself, I'd figure the wisdom of the forums could help.

The Street Glide had the Biketronics 4-Speaker setup (Fairing and Lower fairing) and a BT2180 amp. Will any of this fit on a 2016 Limited?

Old 03-09-2016, 11:49 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I am selling my 2010 Street Glide and buying a 2016 Limited and have been making a list of things that will move over to the new bike and things that wont.

Since I do not have the new bike yet to see for myself, I'd figure the wisdom of the forums could help.

The Street Glide had the Biketronics 4-Speaker setup (Fairing and Lower fairing) and a BT2180 amp. Will any of this fit on a 2016 Limited?
Bt2180 yes. You will need to get BT355 line leveler
Fairing speakers if 6.5 inch yes
Lowers should work not 100% positive

Old 03-09-2016, 12:55 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Good to know about the amp as that's probably the most expensive piece.

Lowers will not work as the bike is a "wet head" so the speaker space in the lower fairing is filled with water pumps and radiators. I was hoping I could move those speakers back to the tour pack. I think all four speakers are the 7.1" Titan II.

I will make the tour pack detachable, but hate to loose two speakers when it's off. So was thinking of doing the speaker saddlebag lids... but I hate to loose saddlebag space.

Last edited by Dr. Tiki; 03-09-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:47 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Lowers will not work as the bike is a "wet head" so the speaker space in the lower fairing is filled with water pumps and radiators. I was hoping I could move those speakers back to the tour pack. I think all four speakers are the 7.1" Titan II.

I will make the tour pack detachable, but hate to loose two speakers when it's off. So was thinking of doing the speaker saddlebag lids... but I hate to loose saddlebag space.

Hey, good to see you around. Unless you have upgraded the speakers again, I'm pretty sure you have 6.5s in both the fairing and lowers. I might be wrong and maybe you have done some stuff I don't know about? Putting 7.1s in the lowers requires some mods to the HD lower speaker boxes, or to use an aftermarket speaker box? Lots of guys around here to help with the newer bikes. Maybe check to be sure of what speakers they are and we can try to help out on that part too. You wont loose much bag space with 6.5 speakers in the lids.
Kris

Last edited by BlackPearl#1; 03-09-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Hey, good to see you around. Unless you have upgraded the speakers again, I'm pretty sure you have 6.5s in both the fairing and lowers. I might be wrong and maybe you have done some stuff I don't know about? Putting 7.1s in the lowers requires some mods to the HD lower speaker boxes, or to use an aftermarket speaker box? Lots of guys around here to help with the newer bikes. Maybe check to be sure of what speakers they are and we can try to help out on that part too. You wont loose much bag space with 6.5 speakers in the lids.
Kris
I think you are right that I had 6.5" in the lower fairings, I had the Harley CVO boxes there and they are sized for 6.5" speakers.

I do think I had 7.1"s in the upper fairing though, there were adapter rings in place when I had the bike stripped to put everything back to stock.

Old 03-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hogtunes sells a kit to put speakers on the wet head lowers, however it comes with their speakers. So you could do that and use the 6.5 and put them in the tour pods with the adapter ring. You would also need a few additional things from BT besides the line leveler too.

At the bottom of the page
http://www.hogtunes.com/products/speakers.html

The following users liked this post:
Dr. Tiki (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Awesome, thanks!

Old 03-09-2016, 04:10 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

The space you may "Loose" is negligible IMHO,, I've not had any issue where I wish I didn't have my speakers! LOL. I also am thinking of getting a Tour Pak,, figure I'd hook the wires for the Lid speakers to the Tour Pak when it's on,,and back to the lids when it's off.

Old 03-09-2016, 05:13 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

I think you are right that I had 6.5" in the lower fairings, I had the Harley CVO boxes there and they are sized for 6.5" speakers.

I do think I had 7.1"s in the upper fairing though, there were adapter rings in place when I had the bike stripped to put everything back to stock.
Either one would have had an adapter ring in the fairing cause they came with 5.25s in there. The 6.5s will go right in and the 7.1s will need a different adapter ring that's readily available from BT. Keep in mind your BT stuff has a lifetime warranty too
Kris

Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member

Maybe I'll do 8 speakers....
2 in the upper Fairing
2 in the Lower Fairing (thanks DJCAMIS)
2 in the Tour Pack
2 in the Saddlebags

Oh man, people would hate me. Most everyone that I have encountered do not like the music that I listen to. LOL

Quick Reply: BT Package from 2010 to 2016 ?