Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSP Programming - Rushmore

Old 04-27-2017, 01:30 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Todd, or anyone else considering PSM. Don't get put off bye this thread you know me better than anyone Think this is 3rd setup you have helped me with .You also know that I suck at tuning, just don't have the ear for it. Install is simple no more rca's or y's than you have now and should actually end up with less.
Sound is really good this thread got messed up I have two maps that I like was simply looking for better understanding reaching out to share what I have and have it looked over and suggestions for improvements. NOT I sit back and someone dose all the work for me and I never learn a dang thing and my kids never had training wheels .
There are some folks that are helping me understand things better and very thankful and I am sure they would be there to help you in anyway needed .What is going to take me two weekends to tune first was really just understanding how it works . I really think you could nail it in half day then just small tweaks but good news is no more taking fairing off psm just about worth it for that alone.
Get that thing in there you will be great test for psm vs bt355 I just wish they had the bt355 before I gave up hd 6.5.
Good luck to all, Alan

Old 04-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Awesome stuff Allen!!!! I'm gonna try and get that sucker in within the next few days after I get back from this weekends ride.

Thanks again Allen!!!!

T

Old 04-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Springerfan
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

After reading this thread I am about convinced that I shouldn't bother with getting the PSM. The JL fix would have done exactly what I was looking for but too dam big to fit anywhere under the fairing. I would love to have the option to fine tune but not sure that I have the knowledge to do it. I believe that I have the ear but not much more. If there was a map for the equipment I have as a starting point and saved so that I could get back to if I got everything hosed up I'd be more comfortable with it.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 PM
wideglide100
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There's always plenty of informative information and videos on using graphic equalizers.

The following users liked this post:
SgtMic (04-27-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Just a quick question for my edification. Do you need line out converters with the PSM?

Old 04-28-2017, 11:14 AM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

The PSM has high level inputs but I'm not aware of anyone using them as such. Everyone I've talked to is still using the SNI-35 LOC or some close cousin to it

Old 04-28-2017, 11:26 AM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Just a quick question for my edification. Do you need line out converters with the PSM?
I started with high level inputs and have now gone to a loc. The sound is a little cleaner with the loc. Having to reset all my gains and retune everything kinda sucked, took a little longer than expected, but I got to try a few different things out and now I'm happier than before.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:03 PM
catdaddy6968
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by matt76cmich
I got to try a few different things out and now I'm happier than before.
Which speakers and amp are you running ?

Old 04-28-2017, 09:17 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by catdaddy6968
Which speakers and amp are you running ?
2 MMats 6.5s, 2 DD-VO M8s, 2 DD-VO W8s, 4 DD-VO B3 horns, 3 DD D4 amps, Arc PSM

Old 04-29-2017, 07:10 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Ok Y'all, I got that little bastard installed today and I'm digging the hell out of it!!!!!

Instead of chasing around all over hell trying to find the perfect speakers that fit the Stone Age EQ capability of the Rushmore Boom, or even changing the damn head unit out to good EQ but Stone Age functionality, I can now program the hell out of a speaker to do whatever the hell it is capable of doing!!!

The install was easy but the instructions are substandard at best as these were probably initially intended to be installed by brick and mortar shops. The software is not super intuitive at first and no instructions there either.

Phoned a few friends and I got that shix moving the right direction and it's sounding better than ever. It will be a work in progress to find exactly what each speaker can do for my ears but plugging my laptop in takes ZERO screwdrivers and just a few seconds so it will be a damn fun journey.

Thanks big time to all the boys that have picked up on the first ring, sent files, etc..... Haze, Slye, Flying Broke (Allen), Chris B, Michigan Matt, Bunker............... the first 6 rounds are on me!!

Disclaimer: As Slye previously mentioned, this little bastard may not be worth the bang for the buck for everyone so tap the brakes before u go there and consult with one of the SMEs for advice. If it's not, I'm having a fire sale on all my fairing removal tools so stand by!!!!

Thx again Y'all!!!!

T.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSP Programming - Rushmore