Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowers on wethead

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017, 03:56 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,107 Likes on 2,927 Posts
Default Lowers on wethead

Thinking outside of the box today. Stopped at the local dealer today and noticed they make a Boom System lower fairing speaker setup for wethead bikes. Its a kit with lower fairing cover extensions, speakers, grilles and wiring. The kit is part number 76000660. They are a 4" speaker.

I checked with the parts guy and the housing and grilles are serviced separately. The housings are 52.00 ea.

Here is my thought, could a guy find a 4" speaker that's worth a damn to use those lowers?

Please give me your thoughts gentlemen.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:15 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

There are a few 4" pa speakers that may get you some volume from down there, but that would be it. Get a bit more vocals but not sure a 4" would keep up at higher speeds.

Old 07-08-2017, 05:47 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Hogtunes also makes a kit for the wet heads I'm not sure if you can buy the housings separate and then use your own speakers or if you have to buck up for the whole package.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Dsm Limited

I looked into those as well when i got home.

The kit is 400.00. I don't know how much of that is speaker cost or if they'll piece it out. If they won't, it's a bit of money to toss the speaks.

Not that i haven't pissed away more money than that before.lol.....bigger than that though, is how big of a speaker can you get into that extension. I ordered one of the Boom audio enclosures to do a lil research. I'll see where this lands.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:57 PM
pdevore
Tourer
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I looked into those as well when i got home.

The kit is 400.00. I don't know how much of that is speaker cost or if they'll piece it out. If they won't, it's a bit of money to toss the speaks.

Not that i haven't pissed away more money than that before.lol.....bigger than that though, is how big of a speaker can you get into that extension. I ordered one of the Boom audio enclosures to do a lil research. I'll see where this lands.
Get in touch with Chris (CPBedor) he changed his up and relocated items. He is now running a 6.5" PA in there.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Dsm Limited

Just wanted to do a quick update. The Boom II speaker enclosure adapter came in today. I need to pop off the covers and install the adapter to see what depth speaker will fit. It is setup for a 4" speaker but it looks like that could be modded to accept a larger diameter.

Gonna have to play with this on the weekend.

Edit: after a minute more of thought.

I'd be willing to bet that Dale could certainly design an extension for those that could fit at least a 6.5. He has got mad skills, after seeing his tp pods.

Last edited by Dsm Limited; 07-13-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Respect
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

DSM where did you end up with those? Thinking about getting a pair and doing a fiberglass pod on them.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:28 AM
Dsm Limited

Originally Posted by Respect
DSM where did you end up with those? Thinking about getting a pair and doing a fiberglass pod on them.
I haven't really gotten any further yet. I am going to bring it with me to milwaukee next weekend and see if a crew of us can brainstorm an idea. I will let you know the results.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
I haven't really gotten any further yet. I am going to bring it with me to milwaukee next weekend and see if a crew of us can brainstorm an idea. I will let you know the results.
I hope the brainstorm comes up with a fix. Us wet head guys need some sound from the lowers somehow. Keep us updated

Old 12-15-2017, 03:53 PM
whittaker727
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates on this? I just saw the wet head lowers in person for the first time at the dealer last week. It's got my brain engaged.

Quick Reply: Lowers on wethead