Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatics screen visibility

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Aquatics screen visibility

Has anyone tried applying NuShield DayVue screen to the aquatics high end unit to address the common complaint of no visibility in sun? They have a cut-to-fit kit. If not, I may give it a whirl and will post once unit is installed and material applied.

Last edited by Cheesehead_13; 07-29-2017 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:53 AM
G E E
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Please let us know. I'm think of get one. Does it let you use thumb control to search thru music. Playlist, Artist songs etc.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Not that I can see. i have the $300 unit. Just installled it today. Bluetooth works pretty good. You can go the next song or the previous one, but I didn't see any way to go through lists. I used it with my iPhone 6s. The USB connector didn't seem to charge my phone or my iPod. I've heard that since you lose the clock on the radio that the clock appears on the odometer instead. Don't see it.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:58 AM
G E E
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
You can go the next song or the previous one, but I didn't see any way to go through lists. I used it with my iPhone 6s. The USB connector didn't seem to charge my phone or my iPod. I've heard that since you lose the clock on the radio that the clock appears on the odometer instead. Don't see it.
Thanks. How many bands is EQ ? Wow you think for $300 they could get USB right and thumb controls to do more than volume and next song.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:52 AM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesehead_13
Has anyone tried applying NuShield DayVue screen to the aquatics high end unit to address the common complaint of no visibility in sun? They have a cut-to-fit kit. If not, I may give it a whirl and will post once unit is installed and material applied.
If your bike is an Ultra or Street glide.
Is your dash Shinny Chrome?
Mine gets sun reflection off the tank dash
My glare goes away if I cover it up, right in front of the ignition

Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

For those that DO NOT ride in the rain, do not get an aquatics hu. There are better out there.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:04 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Well I spent more time with it today. Even cracked open the manual, LOL.

It does charge the phone or iPod. But not when the faceplate is off.

I drove all over town on a sunny day, and I could see the display pretty much all the time.

It does have a clock. It was a trick to find it in the menu but I fingered it out.

There is an equalizer, but I'm not sure if it can be set. Haven't figured that out.

Bluetooth seems to work fine. I set my phone in the T-bag on the windshield.

It's plenty loud for me. I know there are louder set ups out there, but this is plenty. Even with the HK unit and my Hogtunes amp and speakers, it was loud, but now it's about 30% louder. The volume goes to 40 and 30 is just right.

Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 PM
Cheesehead_13
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sponger
For those that DO NOT ride in the rain, do not get an aquatics hu. There are better out there.
Sponger, do you mean in a completely dry all the time environment, or where it rains infrequently? I don't like a splash guard, and don't prefer having one more thing to keep in my bags, but am open to other options. Although, I've also read that even a dealer washing your bike can foul one of the typically recommended units mentioned on here.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:54 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheesehead_13
Sponger, do you mean in a completely dry all the time environment, or where it rains infrequently? I don't like a splash guard, and don't prefer having one more thing to keep in my bags, but am open to other options. Although, I've also read that even a dealer washing your bike can foul one of the typically recommended units mentioned on here.
I do not ride in the rain at all. I also do not have the dealer wash the bike. If i get caught while riding, so be it. But if there is a chance for rain, im driving.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:01 PM
mathew2172
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Izzo

How did you find the clock? And what one do you have?

Quick Reply: Aquatics screen visibility