Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 RGS System Build

Old 08-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
With that amp and paralleling the AWs on one channel u would only be getting 75w per speaker. Wiring them up as a speaker and Tweet together on each separate channel u will be getting damn near 150w per component setup. In cave man technical speak, the amp really won't see much of the tweet when wired in conjunction w the AWs, so put each AW on their own channel.

Hope this makes sense.

T
Question
If you wire the tweets in parallel with the AWs won't that be 75 watts to the tweets and 75 watts to the AWs or will it feed power to the hungriest component first and then send leftover power to tweets? Forgive me I am still learning this stuff.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Kawickrice
Question
If you wire the tweets in parallel with the AWs won't that be 75 watts to the tweets and 75 watts to the AWs or will it feed power to the hungriest component first and then send leftover power to tweets? Forgive me I am still learning this stuff.
Just pretend that u r hooking up a component set that has a tweeter and a woofer and just call the package a speaker. For caveman purposes, the AW6 and AT28 combined is simply a speaker. A coax speaker has a tweeter and a woofer, right?

Point being, no need to overthink this but I think the use the word parallel is only being used in this context to describe how to wire it and not do much what is actually happening behind the curtain regarding ohms, watts, etc which in this case ain't much at all.

T.

Old 08-13-2017, 04:48 PM
HapWV
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually joined this site today because of your knowledgable comments. I saw them as I was researching why my Boom 2 system, newly installed on my 2017 Road Glide, pulsed up and down in volume as I ride. Is there any thing I can do? Hap.garrett@gmail.com

Old 08-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by HapWV
I actually joined this site today because of your knowledgable comments. I saw them as I was researching why my Boom 2 system, newly installed on my 2017 Road Glide, pulsed up and down in volume as I ride. Is there any thing I can do? Hap.garrett@gmail.com
If the pulse u speak of is just a change in volume this should be normal for an OEM system such as Boom. It's called AVC and is intended to get louder as u go fast and automatically get quieter at the stop sign. Auto Volume Control

Select the menu, then setting, the audio settings, then scroll to the bottom below bass and treble to find AVC. Off, 1, 2, or 3. I don't use it and never really cared for it even with stock stuff.
Do not use it if u ever go to aftermarket audio as it will blow ur shix up.

T.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

just made my final parts purchase on amazon, install going down this weekend. many thanks to alex for hooking me up on the components while having his hair on fire with SOS. In the process I spoke to the folks at BT and Arc and they were both super courteous, informative, and helpful. this is where I landed:

DD AW6, AT28, VO6x9, arc moto 600.4 - BAL
BT355
arc audio mount, power wire, and harness
6x9 adapters AHB
lids - HD, they showed up in 10 days painted :-O
Delphi connectors for tweets and saddle bags
stinger wire and 8000 series RCAs, got a sweet deal
neon blue braided sleeving, I know you cant see it, but I know its there lol

let me know if I missed something. I toyed with the idea of dynamat, but passed since I will still be using the road glide pods. I can always go back for that easy stuff.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:26 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

that's gonna turn out great. Hit me up when you are getting ready to install so I can walk you thru the wiring and amp settings.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:53 PM
rock92
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
that's gonna turn out great. Hit me up when you are getting ready to install so I can walk you thru the wiring and amp settings.
thanks, will do. I'm putting it together Saturday. When/how is the best way to link up with you?

Old 09-14-2017, 10:33 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Default Making progress

Old 09-14-2017, 10:35 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Default Bags

Old 09-14-2017, 10:37 PM
rock92