Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build assist.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 10:01 PM
evomat
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Build assist.

07 electra glide classic , stock head unit,polks in fairing, JL audio amp also in fairing ,140w bridged per channel..
i am looking to put 6x9 in lids , and obviously have to up the power to drive everything. The problem is i dont wish to run another amp ,lose bag space .
Is there an amp that will fit in fairing and have good sound at 80 . ?ok maybe 70. Also what 6x9 are recommended? Not afraid of spending a little money , i like to spend smart. It doesnt have to win a parking lot stereo contest , just let me hear it decent.
Any advice will be taken into account and appreciated. I have done research and after awhile it starts to run together. So im asking. Those that have done it or do it all the time ,what s your recommendations?
Thx in advance

Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by evomat
07 electra glide classic , stock head unit,polks in fairing, JL audio amp also in fairing ,140w bridged per channel..
i am looking to put 6x9 in lids , and obviously have to up the power to drive everything. The problem is i dont wish to run another amp ,lose bag space .
Is there an amp that will fit in fairing and have good sound at 80 . ?ok maybe 70. Also what 6x9 are recommended? Not afraid of spending a little money , i like to spend smart. It doesnt have to win a parking lot stereo contest , just let me hear it decent.
Any advice will be taken into account and appreciated. I have done research and after awhile it starts to run together. So im asking. Those that have done it or do it all the time ,what s your recommendations?
Thx in advance
personnaly, i would reccommend lowers before bag lids

Old 08-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by evomat
Thx in advance
Go with the Hertz HDP4. Run Polk MM652's in the upper and lower fairing in parallel. Channel's 1 and 2

Pioneer Pro 6900's in the lids on channels 3 and 4.