Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:43 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

LOL, whatever your original plan was it will change unless you are very strong minded.

once you hear 4 or 6 speaker setup it will be hard to draw the line in the sand and not crossover.Leave all credit cards at home.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Dean, to expand on what a few others have said. If you're in Minny, I'd highly recommend meeting with cpbedor. Super guy and ridiculously helpful. His system is top notch to boot. Has a great ear and will tell you when something sounds good and when something sounds like crap. Cshocker also has a great sounding system. Hook up with those guys and you'll be in good shape.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Dean Turek
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cpbedor
Cpbedor is in Apple Valley, not Shakopee. If you want to meet up give me a shout
Thanks. I sent you a private message.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:47 AM
Dean Turek
Novice

I appreciate all the feedback and help here guys I really do. This is my first Harley... And only my second bike. I have spent the last year and a half getting it to look the way I want... Sound the way I want and the lighting right for those 3am mornings I ride to work. I am not trying to get by with the cheapest system. I know from everything else I have done to it that quality of the product your buying matters.
I would like to use the current speakers that I have but.... We will see what happens after I meet up and see what another's system is like. I am not in a hurry so that's a plus.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:53 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Sounds like a good winter project. If you spend any time with Chris or Corey or Pete, plan on breaking out the credit card baby....... Great group of guys and will not steer you wrong. Keep us posted.
Kris

Old 09-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
Sounds like a good winter project. If you spend any time with Chris or Corey or Pete, plan on breaking out the credit card baby....... Great group of guys and will not steer you wrong. Keep us posted.
Kris
credit card. That's funny. Try a home equity loan or small business loan

Old 10-10-2017, 09:46 PM
Dean Turek
Novice

hi all. sorry it has taken a bit to send an update. I greatly appreciate cpbedor for the invite over to check out his awesome set up and helping me pick out my head unit and amp and answering all my questions during the install. and Gannicus for helping me pick out the rain cover and head unit install kit. I have learned allot doing all of this and feel lucky to have come across a forum with so many willing people to lend a hand. I still need to do some tuning but am very happy so far with how it sounds and looks.

I did make one change to the set up, instead of using plywood as a spacer between the head unit and amp I used an aluminum plate I had laying around.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:02 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dean turek

i did make one change to the set up, instead of using plywood as a spacer between the head unit and amp i used an aluminum plate i had laying around.

thank god.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Turek
hi all. sorry it has taken a bit to send an update. I greatly appreciate cpbedor for the invite over to check out his awesome set up and helping me pick out my head unit and amp and answering all my questions during the install. and Gannicus for helping me pick out the rain cover and head unit install kit. I have learned allot doing all of this and feel lucky to have come across a forum with so many willing people to lend a hand. I still need to do some tuning but am very happy so far with how it sounds and looks.

I did make one change to the set up, instead of using plywood as a spacer between the head unit and amp I used an aluminum plate I had laying around.
So what did you end up with for your install.
I know if Chris had his fingers in to helping you pick out products for your system it should sound pretty dam good

Old 10-11-2017, 06:25 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 508 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbedor
thank god.
I knew that was coming!

I'm waiting for Covert Olds to make me a bracket this winter

Quick Reply: Help me decide