Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:52 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Turek
I understand where ur coming from. I took it the wrong way. Thanks for clearing the air.

My main reason for starting this project was so I could flip thru my songs on my I pod using my hand controls lol....i really do appreciate the help so I am not wasting a ton of money. The reason I asked the question about the amp was because I really don't know and right now I am able to hear my music when I'm doing 80. But now I am really curious how much better I could hear it. So let's talk amps that will work for my speakers. Or is their more information you need from me?
There is a BT 2180 in the classified section right now, that will wake them right up. Wait for some others to chime in, but can't go wrong with that amp for easy install, quality stuff.
Kris

Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 PM
uplandpinter
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Dean, There are a few of us in your area. I'm about two hours from you and I know of at least 2 others that are closer. If you want to hook up and try to figure out where you are actully looking to go with your system just say the word we can work something out. I have two bikes, One with a budget system (Kappas and Cerwin Vega amp) and one with a PA set up. So you can see the differences

p.s.
I am by no means a authority but I read lots of posts and ask questions about what I am looking to do. With the help from the forum and hundreds of private messages to and from Gann. I have 2 bikes set up that I feel will stand up with most if not all the bikes I travel with.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:26 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by uplandpinter
Dean, There are a few of us in your area. I'm about two hours from you and I know of at least 2 others that are closer. If you want to hook up and try to figure out where you are actully looking to go with your system just say the word we can work something out. I have two bikes, One with a budget system (Kappas and Cerwin Vega amp) and one with a PA set up. So you can see the differences

p.s.
I am by no means a authority but I read lots of posts and ask questions about what I am looking to do. With the help from the forum and hundreds of private messages to and from Gann. I have 2 bikes set up that I feel will stand up with most if not all the bikes I travel with.
stand up move brother!!! nothin better than listening to a couple set ups to know where you wanna go

Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 PM
Dean Turek
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
There is a BT 2180 in the classified section right now, that will wake them right up. Wait for some others to chime in, but can't go wrong with that amp for easy install, quality stuff.
Kris
No worries on the name. I typo mistakes all the time. I was on their website looking at that amp last night lol. I will have to check out the classifieds, i have not done that yet.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:31 PM
Dean Turek
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uplandpinter

p.s.
Thanks for the invite. I would be up for trying to meet. I am not looking for the cheapest system out their. I really can not say how much I am willing to spend because I do not know what that realistic number is. If that makes sense at all.

Old 09-19-2017, 08:52 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Thanks for the invite. I would be up for trying to meet. I am not looking for the cheapest system out their. I really can not say how much I am willing to spend because I do not know what that realistic number is. If that makes sense at all.
This is kinda why I asked where you are located. There are a few really good guys in your area with all kinds of different stuff. Upland can get a few together (including his own stuff) I'm sure. Good luck and keep us posted with your choices and results please, can start a new thread if needed too.
Kris

Old 09-19-2017, 09:04 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 507 Likes on 409 Posts

I'm in Anoka, about an hour 45 from you, if you want to hear an PA set up. Also, cpbedor is in Shakopee and has the best system I've ever heard.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:08 AM
bladeguy
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It makes perfect sense. I recommend meeting up and hearing what you like. Then find out how much that costs.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:00 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 201 Likes on 165 Posts

Cpbedor is in Apple Valley, not Shakopee. If you want to meet up give me a shout

Old 09-19-2017, 04:02 PM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker
I'm in Anoka, about an hour 45 from you, if you want to hear an PA set up. Also, cpbedor is in Shakopee and has the best system I've ever heard.
and tell cpbedor... no sandbagging...crank that beotch!

sorry chris...had to throw that in there

Last edited by yooperhog; 09-19-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me decide