Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intercom/headset problem

Old 10-12-2017, 08:13 AM
KittKatt
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intercom/headset problem

I have a 2015 trike. I am having an issue with the intercom through the headset. The passengers mike will not work. Passenger can hear driver talk, but driver cannot hear passenger talk through intercom.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

KittKatt ,,,,

there are two separate intercom volume settings, one for the Driver and one for the Passenger ,,,,

go into the menu functions, go to the intercom screen where you adjust mute sensitivity, then as BOTH of you are actually speaking on the intercom, adjust the DRIVER intercom volume from the handlebar using the same control you would normally adjust music volume with, from the handlebar ,,,,,

please let me know how you do ,,,,, (start by adjusting to max, then back down as you get out on the road and start talking ,,,,

Old 10-12-2017, 06:58 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
KittKatt ,,,,

there are two separate intercom volume settings, one for the Driver and one for the Passenger ,,,,

go into the menu functions, go to the intercom screen where you adjust mute sensitivity, then as BOTH of you are actually speaking on the intercom, adjust the DRIVER intercom volume from the handlebar using the same control you would normally adjust music volume with, from the handlebar ,,,,,

please let me know how you do ,,,,, (start by adjusting to max, then back down as you get out on the road and start talking ,,,,
JMJOHN,
The newer BOOM software versions also have a "Volume Setup" in the "Setup" menu where you can select each headset and individually adjust the volume for Media, CB, Intercom, phone, etc. That way you don't actually have to be talking to make the initial adjustments.

The following users liked this post:
ottomatics (10-24-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 09:14 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 450 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
JMJOHN,
The newer BOOM software versions also have a "Volume Setup" in the "Setup" menu where you can select each headset and individually adjust the volume for Media, CB, Intercom, phone, etc. That way you don't actually have to be talking to make the initial adjustments.
Thanks to both of you! I had no idea how to do this at all

Old 10-21-2017, 05:13 PM
dh9733
6th Gear
Default Intercom problem

Have a 2017 Limited, when trying to use the intercom I can hear myself in the headset when I speak but my wife can't hear me on hers and when she talks I can't hear her. Have a
tried adjusting he volume up and down when talking, can see the volume going up but still can't hear her or her me. She say's the volume for the music drops when I try to talk to hear but no voice communication.. I have tried doing this with the VOX and push to talk buttons. I had the backlist controls with the push to talk button for the driver installed at the dealer, not sure if this would cause the problem. I know both headsets are good as I have tried both in the driver and passenger plugs and you can hear yourself speak.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:33 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dh9733
Have a 2017 Limited, when trying to use the intercom I can hear myself in the headset when I speak but my wife can't hear me on hers and when she talks I can't hear her. Have a
tried adjusting he volume up and down when talking, can see the volume going up but still can't hear her or her me. She say's the volume for the music drops when I try to talk to hear but no voice communication.. I have tried doing this with the VOX and push to talk buttons. I had the backlist controls with the push to talk button for the driver installed at the dealer, not sure if this would cause the problem. I know both headsets are good as I have tried both in the driver and passenger plugs and you can hear yourself speak.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Which headset. I've had issues when the cord wasn't plugged in all the way into the headset for the 3/4 helmet. You may have a bad connector or cord. Even one of the com ports on the bike could have a bent or loose pin.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:59 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

DH ,,, does sound like you have some kind of problem with the Passenger's headset microphone ,,,,,,

is it a Harley brand headset or J&M ?

Old 10-23-2017, 03:01 PM
dh9733
6th Gear

The headsets are Harley , both work when plugged in individually, you can hear your voice through the headphones when you push to talk. When both headsets are plugged in you can listen to the music and prompts but can't talk to each other.
Thanks

Old 10-23-2017, 07:44 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

DH ,,,, as much as I would love to pick on Harley brand headsets, your problem sounds like a simple issue with the settings for both driver & passenger ,,,,,

I know it is MORE COMPLICATED that it should be ,, but that is our world today ,,,,,

so if I can help you go back thru the intercom menu options for both driver and passenger, volumes etc ,,,, please let me know ,,,,,

The following users liked this post:
dh9733 (10-24-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
DH ,,,, as much as I would love to pick on Harley brand headsets, your problem sounds like a simple issue with the settings for both driver & passenger ,,,,,

I know it is MORE COMPLICATED that it should be ,, but that is our world today ,,,,,

so if I can help you go back thru the intercom menu options for both driver and passenger, volumes etc ,,,, please let me know ,,,,,
Good on u JM!!! That's good damn support right there with no links!!!!! WTF!!! I mean, Yeahhhhhh!!!

T.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: intercom/headset problem