Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will it Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 AM
gunslingersnation
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Will it Fit?

So those of you that have been following my struggles probably know what I'm trying to do. If not, the important part is that I am trying to mount 3 amps (Stinger 700.4, B52, and NVX VAD2M), along with a DSR1. To make it easier and safer, I ordered a J&M tray to go with BT brackets. In the interest of having a preformed plan, where is all this shiz going to go. Right now I have the NVX mounted on the bracket, brake side and the B52 in the clutch cubby. I am afraid that neither of those two placements will work with the new tray. I could move the DSR to the brake side bracket. I could probably mount the Stinger and one of the other amps on the tray, but where does the third go? Here are a few pictures. Keep in mind the J&M is ordered, not installed. I did a good amount of searching before posting this, but had a hard time finding photos that looked similar to what I am trying to do.

Old 07-06-2019, 09:01 AM
gunslingersnation
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So, Im talking myself though this, as I continue to search the many similar questions on the forum. I found the photo below of a JL 280 in the cubby. The JL lists itself at 3.125" wide. My NVX lists itself at 3.3" wide. That may be the place for one amp, then the B52 and stinger on the tray, DSR on the brake side bracket?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Not sure how big the B52 is but here is a picture of 2 NVX amps mounted in the cubby. Maybe that is an option for you and maybe mount the DSR on the bracket. Also that is the J&M amp tray being used in the photo

Old 07-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,163 Likes on 2,936 Posts

I've never personally seen the B52 amp. The way i see it going down, Stinger on the tray, NVX in cb hole, DSR on the left bracket and the B52 vertical behind the headlight.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:48 AM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry for the confusion guys, but I switched my google account to their nonprofit account, and now it wont let me log in, so I had to create a new account.

The B52 is a little larger than the NVX. Its about 4" wide, which would make it too big to fit on the tray with the stinger. I have no issues putting the DSP on the brake side bracket, but Im not sure how you mean vertical behind the headlight.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:48 AM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by gunslingersnation
So those of you that have been following my struggles probably know what I'm trying to do. If not, the important part is that I am trying to mount 3 amps (Stinger 700.4, B52, and NVX VAD2M), along with a DSR1. To make it easier and safer, I ordered a J&M tray to go with BT brackets. In the interest of having a preformed plan, where is all this shiz going to go. Right now I have the NVX mounted on the bracket, brake side and the B52 in the clutch cubby. I am afraid that neither of those two placements will work with the new tray. I could move the DSR to the brake side bracket. I could probably mount the Stinger and one of the other amps on the tray, but where does the third go? Here are a few pictures. Keep in mind the J&M is ordered, not installed. I did a good amount of searching before posting this, but had a hard time finding photos that looked similar to what I am trying to do.

If u arent gonna use the cigarette lighter, pull it out and plug it up. Thats what i did.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:52 AM
GunslingersNation1
Road Captain

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuntmeat
Not sure how big the B52 is but here is a picture of 2 NVX amps mounted in the cubby. Maybe that is an option for you and maybe mount the DSR on the bracket. Also that is the J&M amp tray being used in the photo
Is that second one hidden way back? I can see the RCAs, but not the amp.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by GunslingersNation1
Is that second one hidden way back? I can see the RCAs, but not the amp.
That looks like my wiring mess Andy posted. They are stacked side by side. I have the pods back in now and here's a better shot of it.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

This is what he meant when he said behind the headlight

Old 07-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes I did post up Ron’s setup. It’s hard to see the amp itself but you can see the power and ground wire going in for both NVX amps.

The following users liked this post:
Ron D 33 (07-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Will it Fit?