Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for amp

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 10:56 AM
rollnthunder
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for amp

I have a ultra classic and already put a sony radio in with the biketronics module to retain the stock controls. I also upgraded the speakers to JL Audio and it sounds good. But at highway speeds it could be better. I have done alot of reading on the forums and people using the the RF PBR300 but i from what i can tell it doesnt have RCA hook ups and i would like to use them if possible so im looking for other recommendations on a amp that has RCA

Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 AM
NascarGuy
Supporter
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Try posting your question in the Audio forum or do some reading there. There is tons of useful info.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:20 AM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a SG and run the Rockford PBR 300x2 it's great for a 2 ohm 2 speaker SG set up. I
I see u have an ULtra Classic so I assume you want to use at least 4 speakers. The Soundstream Nanno gets great reviews check out the audio forums, it's well priced performs great and if I'm not mistaken can be used with RCA jacks (? Can some one confirm this?)

Old 05-18-2013, 12:56 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On an ultra your best bet is the Sound stream pn520 nano cause you need a 4 channel. And RCA's suck. Better off cutting the RCA's off and going with highlevel. However the Soundsteam does have RCA inputs...if those speakers are 2 ohm then you can't use the 4 channel PBR as it is 4ohm. I don't believe that RF makes the PBR in a 4 chan 2ohm. My buddy just switched from the PBR to the soundstream and he is happy with the result.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't use the Soundstream if you like listening to FM radio. And in order to figure out what amp will work for you, we will need to know the ohm rating of your speakers.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:18 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Don't use the Soundstream if you like listening to FM radio. And in order to figure out what amp will work for you, we will need to know the ohm rating of your speakers.
Why is that? I don't have any issues with mine? I don't listen to the radio a lot but often enough. I don't get any more interference that I would in my truck...

Old 05-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MontyCop05
Why is that? I don't have any issues with mine? I don't listen to the radio a lot but often enough. I don't get any more interference that I would in my truck...
Yours is the exception then. Lots of people having problems with class D amps and poor radio reception, including me. I lost 3/4 of the stations I used to be able to get. It even gets worse traveling certain directions.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM
rollnthunder
Tourer

These are 4 ohm I switched the head unit out to a Sony with the iPod holder instead of a CD player and then put JL audio c2-5.25

Old 05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
rollnthunder
Tourer

Maybe one of the mods would be nice and move this to the audio section I thought I posted In there but I must have clicked the back button once to many times before I posted it

Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 PM
MontyCop05
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
Yours is the exception then. Lots of people having problems with class D amps and poor radio reception, including me. I lost 3/4 of the stations I used to be able to get. It even gets worse traveling certain directions.
Maybe I'm not then. I only listen to a couple stations when I do listen to terrestrial radio. I haven't tried to get any others around here. You made me curious. Now I gotta find out...

And rollnthunder- if you switched to 4ohm you might be better off with the 4 channel PBR then. I know a few people that have them, however they as we'll as others here on the forum report that the 4 channel gets hot. I'd do a search on it here, and also reach out to forum member ultranutz. He's an audio guru. He might be able to point you in the right direction and recommend a good set up for you. I know he just recently switched his head unit out to a Sony as well. I'm still running the HK unit.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for amp