Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision ... how to

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:49 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Vision ... how to

I am selling the bike and was wondering how or if I can put the stock tune back on the bike and then sell the unit for someone else where it is not VIN locked

I want to sell the PV but dont want anyone to have to pay a unlock fee.

Is it as simple as restoring it to oem map and then my vin is no longer locked ?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

You can't unlock it. It is now forever married. You can pay to have it unlocked by dynojet for two hundred bucks. As far as sending the stock tune back into the ECM, it is an option that you can access while the powervision is plugged into the bike.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:39 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
You can't unlock it. It is now forever married. You can pay to have it unlocked by dynojet for two hundred bucks. As far as sending the stock tune back into the ECM, it is an option that you can access while the powervision is plugged into the bike.
Right on the money!

Old 09-19-2014, 06:16 AM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is stupid. What if you get a new bike and wanted to use the same tuner? You have to buy another or pay a unlock fee.

I know with my truck tuner I can take the vin lock out and use it on another truck.

Weird ... just weird thanks for the input guys

Old 09-19-2014, 06:43 AM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

Yikes that does suck. Tuner for my Mustang would unlock when you installed the stock tune

Old 09-19-2014, 07:00 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
That is stupid. What if you get a new bike and wanted to use the same tuner? You have to buy another or pay a unlock fee.

I know with my truck tuner I can take the vin lock out and use it on another truck.

Weird ... just weird thanks for the input guys
I would hope not.
If I decide to trade my bike in for a 2014 you would expect them to unlock it for the new bike.
I can understand a fee for an additional license but the PV is already licensed for one bike that has been payed for when the unit was purchased.

Maybe someone who's done this could chime in.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:12 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure someone that is tech savvy could hack into it and eliminate the lock, but otherwise you will be paying the fee.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:22 AM
pntmachine
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is told to you at purchase that the first install is included and your bike will be married to that device. Every bike you buy after that will be an additional 200.00 to add it to that device. How many you add is up to you. Either sell it with the bike and charge the other 300.00 for it or keep it and pay 200.00 to marry it to your next bike. When I called to order mine I told them my brother has one so they said I could pay the fee and let him flash my bike. I would have done that but he lives to far away to deal with that. They don't care whose bike it is docked with.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:45 AM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by pntmachine
It is told to you at purchase that the first install is included and your bike will be married to that device. Every bike you buy after that will be an additional 200.00 to add it to that device. How many you add is up to you. Either sell it with the bike and charge the other 300.00 for it or keep it and pay 200.00 to marry it to your next bike. When I called to order mine I told them my brother has one so they said I could pay the fee and let him flash my bike. I would have done that but he lives to far away to deal with that. They don't care whose bike it is docked with.
I think OP was wondering about transferring the PV to a new bike/owner if you were to depart (wrecked,stolen,sold or traded) from your original bike or just wanted to sell the PV altogether.
Adding another bike would be a different story assuming the same PV owner

Last edited by JustDave13; 09-19-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:11 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

So if I understand this correctly. If I have the PV and wanted to sell or trade my bike, I could keep the PV and pay the $200 to add it to my new bike, correct? The old bike would maintain its tune as long as the new owner didn't change anything on the bike, if s/he wanted to change things then they could either hunt me down for the new flash or get a new tuner (<---can they change / marry a new PV to the bike that is already married to a PV?) Is the PV an off bike hardware setup that just plugs in, flashes and then removed and stored in tool box / on shelf? If so are they model/year specific?

Also, if I know someone that has a PV, I now have the option to pay them $200 to allow me the use of their PV to tune my bike, correct? I am guessing if this is the case, I just have to hope that that friend is a friend for the life of the time I own the bike.

Last edited by blueangel73; 09-19-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Power Vision ... how to