Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Custom Dynamics LED Turn and tail lights BIG problem HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 06:14 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Adding Custom Dynamics LED Turn and tail lights BIG problem HELP???

Adding Custom Dynamics LEDs to the DYNA tail marker lights and turn signals turns into a nightmare. Installed front LEDs and Equalizer everything seems fine. Installed rear LEDs only the left side will come on.....Right side works perfectly with incandescent bulb...try LED module bulb in the left side side works fine. Checked voltages front maker lights/ turn signals @ 11.7 volts. Check rear 5.7 volts right and left. Check voltages at the harness under center of seat 5.7 volts.

Think must be a band ground. Ground on fully charged battery is good. Check ground cable behind starter...clean and tight with star washers for best ground.

What the heck is going on???? Is there another ground connection I need to find and clean or fix??? Why the heck am I seeing 5.7 volts rear and why does left module bulb work fine with either bulb in the socket??? No joy on right side except an incandescent bulb works fine there!!!

HELP!!!!!

Old 01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
apetterez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you only get 12 volts when you apply the brakes to make the lights brighter or when you have the blinkers on sounds to me like one LED light is no good sense you're right light works with incandescent bulb

Old 01-20-2015, 05:13 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Default Adding Custom Dynamics LED Running/Turn Modules????

Dave at Custom Dynamics provided excellent and fast customer service. Dave knew what the problem was immediately. It seems HD often has the polarity reversed on Running light wiring. Incandescent bulbs don't care. LED's must have correct polarity. Reversed the Black and Purple wires and all is good. Very nice LED Clusters and great customer service.

GARY

Old 01-20-2015, 06:18 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

thats what i was going to add,,,, led's have to have wires a certain way,,, if they dont work swap the wires... have run into this on my bike and my other vehicles...

Old 01-20-2015, 06:50 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 3,019 Posts

Sounds like a back feed being it's half of the voltage you have on the other side.

Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 AM
HDRetired
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggadwa
Dave at Custom Dynamics provided excellent and fast customer service. Dave knew what the problem was immediately. It seems HD often has the polarity reversed on Running light wiring. Incandescent bulbs don't care. LED's must have correct polarity. Reversed the Black and Purple wires and all is good. Very nice LED Clusters and great customer service.

GARY
I have an 883L. Same issue but both turns not working all CD lights and parts where did u change the black and purple wires at? I see them at the wire harness and on the triple play and load EQ. Thanks. Guess I'll call CD myself so the wife can start riding her scoot to work again and save me some cash

Old 08-24-2015, 09:06 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Default Adding LED's

HD retired,

I'm sure it would not hurt to switch both wires around. Then again you'll get great customer care at Custom Dynamics.

Good luck and remember to post what he solution was.

GARY

Last edited by ggadwa; 08-24-2015 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-24-2015, 10:52 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Learn something new everyday!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:26 PM
HDRetired
Advanced
Default Adding Custom Dynamics LED Turn and tail lights BIG problem HELP???

CD took care of it. It was just a wire switch red on BLK and BLK on red work awesome.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:54 PM
miguelito771
Stage I
Default Possible fix for some of you with Custom Dynamics LED probelms

I am new here but I have gained a lot of great information from these threads that I thought it only right to "give back". I have went through all the threads about troubleshooting Custom Dynamics Rear LED light inserts on a Street Glide. I have a 2014 Street Glide Special and I couldn't get the LEDs to cooperate with me at all. I tried all the tricks listed here like hazard lights etc. However, for me the fix was to make sure that the bulbs are inserted right. By that I mean, that even if they fit, they have to fit a certain way. You have to make sure that you are inserting them with the notch that is closest to the actual contacts is inserted where that notch is at 8 oclock position. THEN run the hazards while in accessory and turn bike off, let it go 2 min. Turn on and voila! I am attaching a pic here to help. It is of the stock bulb but the notches are the same. This may not be news to some out here but I just thought it might help save some people some grief!

Attached Thumbnails Adding Custom Dynamics LED Turn and tail lights BIG problem HELP???-img_0212.jpg  

Quick Reply: Adding Custom Dynamics LED Turn and tail lights BIG problem HELP???