Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

badlander seat

Old 01-19-2015, 07:00 PM
dzzbob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default badlander seat

Hey all im looking for another sest and like the looks of the badlander any thoughts or other seats that are similar

Old 01-20-2015, 02:02 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

It's like sitting on a board. I slid back a little when getting on throttle. Wife hated passenger section. Liked the look though. Have since moved on. If I was considering a seat that was similar I would look at a C&C. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2015, 12:31 PM
2011 FXDB
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wastedranger
It's like sitting on a board. I slid back a little when getting on throttle. Wife hated passenger section. Liked the look though. Have since moved on. If I was considering a seat that was similar I would look at a C&C. Good luck.
Agreed! I have had the badlander and there is no back support and as mentioned I disliked how easy it was to slide back. Not great for solo, and not great for the passenger. I have since tried others and ultimately landed on the C&C Squareback Seat which I would highly recommend. Great solo and very acceptable for passenger without killing the looks like some of the "pillow" two-up choices (imo).

Old 01-20-2015, 12:58 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as others said, skip the badlander. Aside from C&C, check out the Danny Gray short hop 2 up XL, or the weekday 2 up. Im runnin the weekday 2 up, very comfy, excellent back support, and an acceptable passenger area.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:43 PM
dzzbob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awsome thanks for the great info. I have a sundowner seat for long rides 2 up and a seat off a lowrider. Like the looks of the badlander. I will definatley check the others out and skip the badlander.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:27 PM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a Badlander, Like the looks and good for a tank of gas but then again you're taking a break anyway right.
If I where going for days I'd just get an Airhawk and pop it off for the cool factor when I get where ever. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:11 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Both the Mustang Fastback and LePera Daytona are similar seats but built for long haul comfort with good lower back support. I've had both and would buy whichever I could get cheaper. Right now, I'm on the Mustang because I found a great closeout deal for my model year.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:39 PM
wyotana
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wastedranger
I agree 100% Had a badlander on my superglide and other than looks it was useless. after about 45 min my *** went completely numb. I went with a C&C fastback. Way more comfortable and I honestly like the look better. They are amazing to work with and can do anything from plain black to crazy stitching with several different leathers and vynyl.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
AGSURFR
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeg212001
Just as others said, skip the badlander. Aside from C&C, check out the Danny Gray short hop 2 up XL, or the weekday 2 up. Im runnin the weekday 2 up, very comfy, excellent back support, and an acceptable passenger area.

Running the weekday 2 up also. Never ride two up but I like the look over a solo seat. I've put a couple of hundred miles on it in a day. Figure that is a tank of gas if you are going all day so there will be a few stops.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 AM
big ron
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Default seats

I have two seats; a mustang for long hauls and a saddlemen for zipping around town. The mustang is not an attractive seat on the dyna but hard to beat for comfort.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: badlander seat