Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick question from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:47 PM
wbuck338
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question from a newbie

I recently purchased my first Harley Dyna Street Bob. It's a 2014 and I am still in the break in period. I was wanting to drill a 1" hole in the baffles to wake her up a little bit but I don't know if that will screw with the warranty and if it is really even worth it. Everything I have read says drilling holes in the baffles makes it sound so much better. I'm a big fan of loud pipes save lives. Thoughts?

Old 01-20-2015, 02:12 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

oh boy....

Old 01-20-2015, 02:29 PM
wbuck338
Advanced

Why oh boy..?

Old 01-20-2015, 02:36 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by wbuck338
Why oh boy..?
Use the search function at the top to find out! Your query amongst other topics has been beaten to death on here.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 525 Likes on 364 Posts

yeah you are a newb, just dont do it. But if you are a cheap broke *** then go for it. Just keep riding it with drilling cause the pipes will get louder but not as loud as you want

Old 01-20-2015, 03:34 PM
dzzbob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was supposed to have extra holes in the baffels the moco would have drilled them for you. Save up some cash and do it right so you dont have any regrets.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:47 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you drill it will get louder but! it will be a bad loud. It will sound tinny. Just save your money and get a set of pipes. As far as warrenty it will cause you trouble. If something happens to the engine the MOCO will look for anything to get out of paying. If you watch on this or any other forums you can usually pick up a set of pipes at a good price. Being that you have a Dyna there are alot of them out there and guys are always changing pipes and wanting to unload what they took off. So just put up with the stockers until you can get a set of aftermarket pipes.
Clap

Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 PM
socialoutcast
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please dont drill your pipes. This is almost as bad as going on a car forum and asking about cutting your stock springs for better handling. It's not going to do jack for you as the header pipe is pretty restrictive on stock exhaust. Save your money and get slip ons or a new system. You start drilling into stuff the service department and most the people on here are going to think you are a moron. Just FYI.

Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 AM
fxdc_9613
Advanced

I thought about doing this but was advised against it, for good reasons (warranty and all). I've been dealing with the stock pipes for a year and half, and finally just ordered everything today (cause i'm a broke college student). point is, it's better to wait, save and do it right. shortcuts will come back to bite you in the ***.

side note, stock pipes get louder after like 5 or 6 thousand miles. not by much, but i noticed it

Old 01-21-2015, 03:23 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Selling my Vance and Hines short shots for a good price in good condition PM me if anyone is interested

Quick Reply: Quick question from a newbie