Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride with Vibra Technic motor mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 01:53 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts
Default First ride with Vibra Technic motor mount

Did about 80 miles today, unfortunately about 50 of those were on interstate.

I had bought the mount originally to help with vibration. I can say without a doubt that while it helps a bit on that end it was worth every penny for the stabilizer. I always felt a bit challenged at high speeds and especially when passing trucks I'm sure part of that was skill but today I was cruising at 80 mph feeling great and passing trucks with no concerns.

I guess that's the point of a stabilizer, hadn't thought about it before but very positive difference for me.

Great to be out on the bike finally, happy camper!

Old 03-09-2015, 02:21 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Nothing worse than a wobbling bike, especially during hard turns and high speeds.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:44 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

dammit robby,
I keep trying to close my wallet but it just will not stay shut
keep us informed on the performance as i'm sure you will

Old 03-09-2015, 02:49 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,241 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Robbyville - AKA, the wallet killer

This sounds like something I'll be looking for as well in the near future. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on a really good shakeout ride.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Nothing worse than a wobbling bike, especially during hard turns and high speeds.
Agreed, I guess I never realized that it was wobbly, just felt a little skittish in certain circumstances but thought it was me (which I'm sure it partly is still). But was very surprised to look down, and see my speed plus passing of large trucks and feeling fine (other than the constant fear that someone will not look in their blindspot while I'm passing and take me out)

Originally Posted by rauchman
Robbyville - AKA, the wallet killer

This sounds like something I'll be looking for as well in the near future. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on a really good shakeout ride.

Yeah true enough. I definitely let my mods get out of hand this winter. BUT I'm done for all intensive purposes. I have the rear signal/plate relocation kit to install at some point this week, then once they arrive mount my saddlebags that I finally ordered, and lastly a tidbit that I did just for fun which is a custom timing cover with a maple leaf on it which I hope to receive sometime in the next couple of weeks to finish it off (company doing it said 2-4 week lead time, and I ordered it a couple of weeks ago).

I figure, if we move to CA this Summer then I'll be broke from their on in so I might as well get everything done now while I can afford it!

Old 03-10-2015, 09:15 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Just one more thing to add to my list of mods I want to do before my sturgis trip this summer.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:01 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I guess I had the opposite experience. My vibrations improved but I didn't notice any stability changes in any great way. Then again I had my bike up over 100mph a couple times on the stock mount and never felt any wobble.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:38 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattVA
I guess I had the opposite experience. My vibrations improved but I didn't notice any stability changes in any great way. Then again I had my bike up over 100mph a couple times on the stock mount and never felt any wobble.
Definitely a surprise to me as well Matt. Funnily, while vibration may be a tad better it's not a huge difference, which you had pretty much already told me to manage my expectations. But the stability threw me for a loop. I thought maybe it was just wind direction but one section of I81 where I always seem to get a little freakish with a headwind was noticeably better, same for cross... I even purposely (why the heck I have no idea), rode along one of those long cracks where Vdot tries to repair the tar that normally is squirrely for me with no major issues. I suppose it could be some placebo but since I didn't have any expectations I'm chalking it up to better handling!

With all the gravel in my area right now, and also being a little rusty with my cornering I haven't had any chance for high speed twisties but maybe the rain this week will help take care of that.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:22 PM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Definitely a surprise to me as well Matt. Funnily, while vibration may be a tad better it's not a huge difference, which you had pretty much already told me to manage my expectations. But the stability threw me for a loop. I thought maybe it was just wind direction but one section of I81 where I always seem to get a little freakish with a headwind was noticeably better, same for cross... I even purposely (why the heck I have no idea), rode along one of those long cracks where Vdot tries to repair the tar that normally is squirrely for me with no major issues. I suppose it could be some placebo but since I didn't have any expectations I'm chalking it up to better handling!

With all the gravel in my area right now, and also being a little rusty with my cornering I haven't had any chance for high speed twisties but maybe the rain this week will help take care of that.
Hopefully I can get out for a bit this week. Fussy newborn says otherwise.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattVA
Hopefully I can get out for a bit this week. Fussy newborn says otherwise.
I'll bet, good luck!

Quick Reply: First ride with Vibra Technic motor mount