Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Fat Bob Riser Spacers or New Risers

Old 04-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Helmsy67
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by musclehd
Has anybody tried the 3" fat risers on a Fat Bob without messing with cables? I have a 2013 Fat Bob that I'd love to get up 3". If I have to extend cables, would that only be the clutch and/or the brake cable? I think the brake line would be reasonable to replace, but I wouldn't want to replace the cords running through the handlebars or the clutch cable.
I'm 90% sure that there is enough wire length. It sure seemed like there was plenty left when I did mine. You will definitely need to replace both clutch and brake cable though. At least I would have to. I can take some full lock pics for you today after work if you want.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:32 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I'm on a low rider, but I run a set of stock Fat Bob bars with 2 inch extenders. I've had a lot of bar setups over the years, but this is the most comfortable yet responsive bars that I have used.

I've had up to 12 inch T-bars, 10 inch mx bars, the stock adjustable risers and there is just no comparison to the level of aggressiveness that you can go into corners with the stock Fat Bob setup + some extensions.

I did run the setup for a while without the extensions and there is a huge difference with the extension on. It takes all the weight off of your hands and lets them do their job of controlling the motorcycle.

1) It looks great in my opinion. It has that mean brawler type look to it
2) Comfort is second to none for my build (5'8")
3) Aggressive riding is the most fun you can have without getting naked

Old 04-07-2017, 06:40 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by musclehd
Has anybody tried the 3" fat risers on a Fat Bob without messing with cables? I have a 2013 Fat Bob that I'd love to get up 3". If I have to extend cables, would that only be the clutch and/or the brake cable? I think the brake line would be reasonable to replace, but I wouldn't want to replace the cords running through the handlebars or the clutch cable.

I'm fairly certain it could be done without new cables. The top brake line in longer on a Fat Bob than on my LR and I've been up to 12 inch with stock cables. I did carefully bend the banjo connector to achieve this, but I went to 10 inches without bending it at all.

A clutch reroute with gain a few inches as well and be routed much cleaner on the other side of the bike. I doubt you will need to though. Just loosen your clutch adjustment to full slack and go from there. I'm fairly certain that you will be fine without the reroute.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Frank Cags
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just installed the LA Choppers Hefty risers with 1 3/4 pullback. Think they were 6in. No problems with cable lengths...very happy with them.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:34 AM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I used Harley Part 56267-09 six inch pullback riser kit.Not only does it raise the bar an inch it pulls it back a bit also.Perfect fit for me.They are chrome though and I would have prefered black.Though it does'nt overdue the chrome to black ratio too bad.

Old 04-30-2017, 03:20 PM
musclehd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I purchased the 3" fat risers from DKcustoms for my 2013 FXDF.
1. First of all, the quality of the risers is not great. The paint couldn't scrape off easier....almost as if they used plasti dip (not good).
2. The 3" length didn't cause as much cable issues as I expected.
2a. I had to take the clamps off of the clutch cable and will definitely need to re-route the clutch cable next week. When the front wheel is turned all the way to the right, the line is super tight.
2b. I removed the bolt on the underside of the bottom triple tree to get some more length out of the brake line. It doesn't look as nice as it did when it was bolted down, but it isn't alarmingly tight if you didn't mind that the cable isn't as hidden. I'm debating if it's worth getting a longer brake line kit because I'd like to get that cable hidden again.
3. Comfort wise, the 3" rise is amazing! I am 6'0'' tall and it is perfect for me. An inch lower would have been too short. I also have a floorboard kit, so it forces my legs more forward making me want to lean back.

Last edited by musclehd; 04-30-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Robinton
4th Gear

Musclehd, the setup on my 08 Fat Bob is about the same as yours. 6" riser with the street bar. I need to get a different setup as it is too far forward for me. Thinking of getting 3.5" risers and mini apes. The shop that I went to for advice said I would probably need a wire extension kit and possibly a hose kit too. Any advice/tips from you guys about that? I am wanting to have the controls higher and back a bit from where they are at the moment. I am at work ATM and will post pics after I get home today of what I have.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:06 PM
wardo5757
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 14 Fat Bob, my hands were going numb and back hurting after just minutes of riding with the stock set up. I put in the DK 2" risers and it's fixed all of the pain after minutes, it takes hours to start hurting now........ When I installed the 2" I had to pull the brake line pretty firmly to get the bars high enough, had I bought the 3" I would have had to replace the brake hose with a longer one, all other cables and wires were fine.

Old 10-24-2020, 05:05 PM
Jeremy Mossop
Stage I

I’ve just done the same with my 2013 Fat Bob. Agree with your comments 100%. I’ve found that even when tightened as much as I can, there is an alarming amount of flex in the bars now. Did you find the samething? Haven’t got a torque wrench but it’s pretty tight!

Old 10-25-2020, 07:29 AM
TomFXDF
Stage II

Originally Posted by Helmsy67
Thanks. I saw those while doing some research. I was worried the stock cables might not be long enough. I may just be the Guinea pig on those if no one with fat Bob chimes in!
I just installed the 2” risers on my 2017 fxdf, and while it was possible with the stock clutch cable and brake lines, I chose to re-route the clutch cable and move the brake line tee sideways a bit to provide a touch more slack on both lines.