Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about 103's and separate AC question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:00 PM
Rollcage
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Questions about 103's and separate AC question.

Two more questions I need to ask the brain trust.

1st. What bikes do the 103 HO's come in. For specifics, does a 2014 dyna FXDF, 2016 FXDB, and a 2016 FXDF all have 103's or do the 16's have H.O.'s??

And second,
Do Rushmore bikes have different throttle bodies than dyna 103's?

I purchased a Rushmore airbox for my FXDF, and the pilot holes in the airbox don't line up with my throttle body.
The Rushmore cover does say HO on it. I called DK customs and ordered a 606 air cleaner for a Rushmore, but received a plate that does not mount to the breather bolts. It just mounts to the 3 screws in the throttle body.
I thought the weight of the Rushmore, plus steel plate, and oversized filter, that was too much weight for just the TB, and I needed the entire airbox to utilize the breather bolts contributing to the mount.

I'll call fuel moto tomorrow, I see they have a plate similar, that also is Rushmore compatible, but is modified to mount by breathers also.

Sorry if all this is jumbled.
Basically are motors different in the three bikes,
And best way to use Rushmore cover for stage 1 on FXDF

Regards
Rollcage

Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,508 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I *think* the Rushmore bikes are TBW, which is a different tb bolt hole arrangement...

Old 06-17-2016, 10:17 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollcage

And second,
Do Rushmore bikes have different throttle bodies than dyna 103's?

I purchased a Rushmore airbox for my FXDF, and the pilot holes in the airbox don't line up with my throttle body.
The Rushmore cover does say HO on it. I called DK customs and ordered a 606 air cleaner for a Rushmore, but received a plate that does not mount to the breather bolts. It just mounts to the 3 screws in the throttle body.
I thought the weight of the Rushmore, plus steel plate, and oversized filter, that was too much weight for just the TB, and I needed the entire airbox to utilize the breather bolts contributing to the mount.

I'll call fuel moto tomorrow, I see they have a plate similar, that also is Rushmore compatible, but is modified to mount by breathers also.

Sorry if all this is jumbled.
Basically are motors different in the three bikes,
And best way to use Rushmore cover for stage 1 on FXDF

Regards
Rollcage
Well......your FXDF isn't really a Rushmore model, so stop buying Rushmore parts for it!

I see "Rushmore" used more to describe the twin cooled Touring bikes - which I also believe have throttle by wire throttle bodies rather than the standard cable drive TB on your FXDF. Also - the heads are water cooled, so are different to your FXDF which is why the Rushmore backing plate won't fit.

So you should probably just ask DK Customs for an AC mounting plate for a regular twin cam for the 606.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:34 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
Well......your FXDF isn't really a Rushmore model, so stop buying Rushmore parts for it!

I see "Rushmore" used more to describe the twin cooled Touring bikes - which I also believe have throttle by wire throttle bodies rather than the standard cable drive TB on your FXDF. Also - the heads are water cooled, so are different to your FXDF which is why the Rushmore backing plate won't fit.

So you should probably just ask DK Customs for an AC mounting plate for a regular twin cam for the 606.
I am aware its not a Rushmore bike, I just liked the look of the AC cover, so I ordered an airbox.
At the time, I was uneducated, and did not realize that a Rushmore 103 had a different throttle body, than my 103.

In speaking with DK, they informed me that if I had my factory airbox, ( at the time I assumed I had two factory airbox assemblies) that I would not be needing a bracket.
I now realize that each of the airbox assemblies I do have,
the support bracket is actually just part of the molded plastic rear case.

I will be ordering the bracket from them today, and probably modding the back plate to resemble fuel moto's.

Thank you for the info gentlemen, I now know what I need to make it work.

However if anyone would like to explain the HO vs standard 103 to me,
with years introduced,
I'm still all ears.

As always,
Thank you vey much
Regards
Rollcage.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:04 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,458 Likes on 1,406 Posts

Originally Posted by Rollcage
However if anyone would like to explain the HO vs standard 103 to me,
with years introduced,
I'm still all ears.
I think that HO is basically a standard 103" but with different cams fitted. Not sure if there are differences in air cleaners and pipes though.