Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Portable MP3 Players?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 AM
fendrix
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portable MP3 Players?

Hey I'm just wondering what the MP3 player of choice is out there. I've gone out on a few long solo rides and thought I'd like to have a soundtrack for the ride. I've been looking around at the local stores and come across a Zune and Sansa. I have this thing about paying for the MP3's I download...or not...so I don't think I'll be going with the iPod (heard you have to download everything through iTunes and pay 99 cents a song).

Whats a good choice of MP3 player for a frugal biker such as myself?

Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 AM
SFD_207
Cruiser
Default RE: Portable MP3 Players?

Did you say Frugal??? Check here.. I use these guy's often. I build my own pc's.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...c.asp?CatId=15 .

I have one similar to this one. Easy to load... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=ULT40015%20K

I actually have a couple of mp3 players. I really like the one's that take a removable media. That way I can load up and swap out several mem cards with my in dash player in the cage.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:44 AM
matkiwi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use an ipod shuffle ... it uses mp3 format just fine, just fiddle with the options ... have never purchased anything though itunes

Old 05-28-2007, 08:08 AM
fendrix
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SFD_207

Did you say Frugal??? Check here.. I use these guy's often. I build my own pc's.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...c.asp?CatId=15 .

I have one similar to this one. Easy to load... http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...u=ULT40015%20K

I actually have a couple of mp3 players. I really like the one's that take a removable media. That way I can load up and swap out several mem cards with my in dash player in the cage.
OK. After that link, maybe frugal isn't the word....maybe "out of touch" works better. I had no idea the prices had come down that much already. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser

With the Ipods your don't have to purchase the music from iTunes. I ride with an iPod nano and just load my own CD's to it. never purchased my music. I have over 400 tunes loaded so I shouldn't get bored with my music on a ride.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with tbug above. I use my ipod and download mp3s and copy CDs into it no problem.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:06 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

Walmart has 88 cent download and I use that with a cheap MP3 player.

Old 05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
trusty1
Cruiser

do you guys use the special made after market ear moulded earpiece, or the original set that came with the player? I used the originals but got too much wind noise and had to change to earplugs and my terrible voice (it's that bad I even sound bad single in my head). I will find the ad in my mag and post the name. I'm seriously considering a set, depending on $$!

$0.99 - nah, once you buya player you'll realisehow easy it is to download your entire cd collection and create your own playlist for whatever mood you're in, or whatever the weather or....... get my drift?

Trusty1

Old 05-28-2007, 10:20 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior

I use the Koss Sparkplugs that I learned about on the forum $15 from Radio shack.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:05 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you ride with gloves and want to control your MP3 player, stay away from the touch sensitive controls like those of the ipod.

Quick Reply: Portable MP3 Players?