Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Sounding 2 into 2 Exhaust

Old 05-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 780 Posts
Default Best Sounding 2 into 2 Exhaust

I know a 2 into 1 provides more power and some of them sound awesome. However, I am an old fashioned (and older) guy who likes the traditional look. Nothing wrong with my Vance & Hines slip-ons. They are high quality and worth the money. Just time for a change.

Any recommendations on which 2 into 2 exhaust has a deep and not obnoxiously loud tone?

Thanks!

Old 05-23-2017, 04:15 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Antonio *****
I know a 2 into 1 provides more power and some of them sound awesome. However, I am an old fashioned (and older) guy who likes the traditional look. Nothing wrong with my Vance & Hines slip-ons. They are high quality and worth the money. Just time for a change.

Any recommendations on which 2 into 2 exhaust has a deep and not obnoxiously loud tone?

Thanks!
2 into 2 means the headers share a crossover tube, right?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

V&H Big Shots are my favorite hands down. Like the look too.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I'll bet you know what I'm going to say Big Shots Staggered. They look great with the full coverage heat shields and their billet tips, with their crossover they will perform better than a typical 2 into 2, and if you pull those stock baffles out and install some W158 TTI's the tone is a deep thump, none of the bright harsh V&H overtones. They are a bit on the louder side, but it's a deep tone.

I've used the BSS's on 3 Wide Glide installs and in each case I was not disappointed

Old 05-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cggorman
2 into 2 means the headers share a crossover tube, right?
Not sure. Perhaps someone will answer that. My understanding is the crossover benefits the output.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:29 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Not sure. Perhaps someone will answer that. My understanding is the crossover benefits the output.
Not all 2 into 2 pipes will have a crossover; the V&H Big Radius for example has no crossover. And the pipes just look nice, but they kill any hope of performance...

Old 05-23-2017, 04:31 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

It does. It helps scavenging just like a "H" or "X" pipe on a dual exhaust car. It also audibly combines the sounds from the different cylinder banks. I think a true dual/separated exhaust sounds better, but it does typically come at the cost of some power.

I just wanted to confirm exactly what style of system you wanted.

I don't know if there's a glossary/dictionary definition of 2 into 2, but in my simple mind it means 2 outlets/mufflers with a shared header via either crossover or collector.

Without the crossover, I consider it a true dual exhaust or drag pipes or even zoomies (on a v twin, anyway)

Last edited by cggorman; 05-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:20 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I think the shorter 2-2 pipes will be more loud than you may want (especially since they end right below the ear), and while too loud for me I really liked the looks and sound (deep), of the Python Throwback pipes I used to have. You also don't see them around much.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by cggorman
I just wanted to confirm exactly what style of system you wanted.
I want to stay with two pipes, not one. Strictly esthetics. If I could wave a wand I would want a set of duals that sounded like a Vance & Hines Pro-Pipe or D and D Fatcat. Once I have the exhaust system I like and ride it a while I will add a set of cams for the type of riding and shift points I'm accustomed to and have it Dyno tuned.

I've had the bike for four years now and I do things slowly to keep it interesting. Holy schitzky time flies by...

Last edited by Antonio Balls; 05-23-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Antonio, just going to throw this out there. SuperTrapp makes a set of mufflers that look like stock pipes but have the discs inside the muffler for tuning

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Sounding 2 into 2 Exhaust