Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED FXDF Flooboards!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 06:22 PM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED FXDF Flooboards!

Hi,

I just bought myself a fatbob FXDF. I believe everything on it right now came stock but I could be wrong. I bought it full well knowing I wanted to switch the pegs out for floorboards and now after riding it for a while I KNOW I need to. It is SO annoying having my feet slip off all the time.

I brought the bike to the dealer and Harley makes NOTHING for the FXDF! They had some used ones that would fit on the FXDB (no idea what that is) but my pipes are in the way.

I am dying to get some help from somebody because it seems my only option are to get those mini boards that use the same bracket as the footpeg which I have heard terrible things about.

If you have this model and put some floorboards on it PLEASE tell me which ones you used. Also please check out the pictures to see the pipes im talking about!

THANKS!

Attached Thumbnails NEED FXDF Flooboards!-img_3242.jpg   NEED FXDF Flooboards!-img_3243.jpg  
Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Just get yourself a full exhaust headers and pipes, or just headers only from a Streetbob etc, and then buy the Harley floorboard kit it is a straight bolt on, and it is brilliant.

The following users liked this post:
sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 AM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Just get yourself a full exhaust headers and pipes, or just headers only from a Streetbob etc, and then buy the Harley floorboard kit it is a straight bolt on, and it is brilliant.

Thank you so much for replying. Can you tell me how much this cost you? The Harley floorboard kit is the one I tried which didn't fit. I am stretched pretty thin and had no intention of spending more than a few hundred bucks on this. If the only option is spending a couple thousand to get new pipes just so I can get floorboards then it looks like ill be stuck miserable with pegs until I can afford it.
If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. I am so defeated by this to the point im thinking about fabricating something myself!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Yea, what smog said. The main reason why the Switchback footboard kit (PN-50500247) won't fit your bike is do to the header pipes routing. As Smog said, get so stock Street Bob pipes (I am sure you can find a good deal in the classifieds here) or get a new complete system. When searching, make sure they fit a Switchback so the front pipe is routed correctly to provide the clearances you need for the boards.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:42 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Just like blueangel73 said, if you already have the floorboard kit from harley, you will find a set of headers or full exhaust on Classifieds or fleabay for no more than 200 dollars, then all is a straight bolt on, only thing you will need to buy separate is the little bracket and screws that bolts under the engine. the number is 35 on the picture below.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:45 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

If you decide to pick up the kit prior to getting new exhaust, you might be able to get away with adding longer bolts and spacers to space the board mount points a little further out from the frame providing the clearance you need to get around the pipes, I do believe there are some people on here that have done something like that.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice

No I haven't picked up the kit yet, I brought my bike by the shop just so he could dry fit them (used set) to see if they would fit so I didn't have to needlessly leave my bike there. Since they didnt fit, i didnt buy them. As a last resort I will probably go back and just pick them up and fabricate whatever spacers or extra items i need. Ill then have to get them painted. So im hoping for a simpler solution to save me some time and money!
I do appreciate the help guys!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Blueangel73 buddy, if he gets the streetbob or switchback exhaust, the Harley oem floorboard kit bolts straight up, no mods needed, how do I know I did it, and love it.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 AM
sandro__s@hotmail.com
Novice

how much did that cost you smog?

Old 06-21-2017, 11:01 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Blueangel73 buddy, if he gets the streetbob or switchback exhaust, the Harley oem floorboard kit bolts straight up, no mods needed, how do I know I did it, and love it.
Yea, I know that, I was referring to needing to add spacers if he wants to add the boards with his current exhaust.

The following 2 users liked this post by blueangel73:
sandro__s@hotmail.com (06-21-2017), Smogbob (06-21-2017)

Quick Reply: NEED FXDF Flooboards!