Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to DK Custom Products

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 11:53 AM
Lowdownmonster
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks to DK Custom Products

Hi Folks,

Sorry in advance for the long post (and hopefully this isn't off-side any forum rules), but I just wanted to send along a positive message about one of the forum's featured sponsors DK Custom Products.

People are always very quick to jump all over a vendor that fails to deliver or even worse, offers crappy customer service. It's such a rarity that anyone ever says anything nice about the companies they deal with (and quite frankly I'm getting sick of myself posting nothing but comments bashing the looks of the new 2018s…) so here goes…

I ordered some highway peg mounts off DK Customs a few years ago. Very cool design and highly functional, but unfortunately the funky design resulted in some structural weakness. One of the metal pieces eventually failed, due to the innate vibrations of my Dyna. The normal vibration of the bike literally snapped the metal in half. Given that it had been a number of years since I bought the parts, I thought for sure I'd be pooched, they'd be out of warranty and I'd have to cough up the dough for some new ones, but I also thought, 'it couldn’t hurt to ask'. So…I sent a note to DK Custom's generic email address, did my best to explain the situation and waited. Got a response from Dwayne the next day, asking for some info from me. They had to do some digging to find my invoice number. You see I live in Canada, but when I ordered, I was going to be in Cleveland to hit the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, so to save on some shipping/potential duty into Canada, I had the order delivered to our Cleveland hotel room that was booked under a friend's name (Duh on my part for forgetting that little tidbit). Once we figured that nonsense out, I found out that the parts were actually still under warranty!!! I thought for sure that I’d at least have to pay shipping/duty, etc., but also learned that those were included as part of the warranty claim.
So in less than 2 weeks from the date of my first contact, I had the new parts in my grubby little hands (which is pretty much lightning speed, as anyone living in Canada who's ever ordered parts from the US can certainly attest to). In addition to the speedy customer service I received, I'm happy to report the new parts are literally rock solid (no vibration at all anymore) and they still look great!

So I wanted to say thanks to DK Customs for the great customer service on my warranty claim and would recommend that you check them out if you're in the market for some giddyyap goodies.

Cheers,

Lowdownmonster

The following 3 users liked this post by Lowdownmonster:
DK Custom - ST (09-08-2017), LoneWoolf (09-07-2017), rbdub474 (09-07-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:43 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

DK Customs as are most all sponsors on this Forum are good people, and
stand behind there products. As you have found out with DK Customs.

John

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom - ST (09-08-2017)
Old 09-07-2017, 12:53 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Nice to hear!

I agree, I've had nothing but amazing support from Devin, Kevin, and the rest of the DK team. I originally bought foot pegs and heel rests from them. Then also added a 587 AC and breathers afterward (I also have some TTI's that I used as an experiment in my last exhaust).

They've supplied me with 2 free backplates that had broken from vibration (my poor installation I'm sure), also many emails with advice for my breathers, gasket replacement, and other communication when I was brand new to all of this.

Great people, great service.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 140 Posts

Glad to hear many good stories about them. I've used their parts on a few bikes I've built with good results. They've helped me out with issues. Just wish they built a 587 style kit to fit the 58mm throttle body so I won't have to venture away when I upgrade.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:00 PM
ford7889
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They recently replaced a backing plate for me as well. They even paid the priority shipping to a Military APO address. I recommend them to anyone as they stand behind their product.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior
Received 489 Likes on 328 Posts

Great crew and products! Have a bunch of their goodies on my LRS. Always great to deal with. Great products and fast shipping on parts. Placed an order Sunday for a new air cleaner lid for my 587 with a message to call me. Called me on Monday (LABOR DAY)! Confirmed the order would ship and arrive asap to get me riding again. Of course it did.

And my bike is on their site page..... 😎

Old 09-08-2017, 10:58 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

THANK YOU ALL for the awesome compliments! We as fellow riders always strive to take care of you guys and help you ALL have the Best riding experience possible! Thanks again!

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Last edited by DK Custom - ST; 09-08-2017 at 03:55 PM.