Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 11:37 PM
ryanmatt91
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Systems

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade the braking system on my 96' dyna. Love the old school look however want to get the best handling out it. Can anyone give me guidance on where to start looking?

Cheers,

Old 11-27-2017, 03:35 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Kind of a broad Question There.. Are you speaking in terms of Brake Pads, Rotors, Lines, Calipers, All of the Above ?

Old 11-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Start with a set of nice pads. Not the stock HD crap. If that’s not enough and you want more, pic yourself up some sport bike Tokico calipers. Along with a set of braided cables. It will make the world of a difference. The calipers are all over eBay for cheap money. Some modification is needed but it’s minimal.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:35 AM
BobbyH83
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

stainless line on the front and fresh fluid all around made a huge difference for me in feel at least.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:06 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Look at the Big Brake kit from Arlen Ness. It's a larger diameter rotor to replace the stock one. Comes with a bracket and it's easy to do. Best of all, it makes a huge improvement.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:58 AM
Vec
Road Master

Received 465 Likes on 263 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by nevil
Look at the Big Brake kit from Arlen Ness. It's a larger diameter rotor to replace the stock one. Comes with a bracket and it's easy to do. Best of all, it makes a huge improvement.
does it really? cause I've been holding off on buying this setup, ive already got a stainless wrap front brake line.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:08 AM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 969 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Vec
does it really? cause I've been holding off on buying this setup, ive already got a stainless wrap front brake line.

Yes, really. The stainless brake line helps but nowhere to the degree that big rotor does. I was thinking about going to dual rotors but after I installed this I realized it was all I needed.

Old 11-29-2017, 08:59 AM
SuperTrapp
Former Sponsor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are running the stock brakes from Harley still with 11.5 rotors, then have a look at our JayBrake caliper offerings. Our J-Six Classic Series calipers offer classic styling and greatly improved breaking over stock. Will bolt on directly to HD lower front legs with 11.5 inch rotors (except Springers) without any brackets. Can be mounted on the right or left side. The J-Six is engineered with a six piston differential bore design for optimum performance and pad wear.

For the rear we also offer our J-Four calipers that can be mounted with a bracket and also offer greatly improved stopping power over the stock caliper.

Here is our product page with more information there.
http://jbrake.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=4

Feel free to give us a call at 216-265-8400 Monday through Friday, we are happy to answer any of your questions.

Old 11-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTrapp
If you are running the stock brakes from Harley still with 11.5 rotors, then have a look at our JayBrake caliper offerings. Our J-Six Classic Series calipers offer classic styling and greatly improved breaking over stock. Will bolt on directly to HD lower front legs with 11.5 inch rotors (except Springers) without any brackets. Can be mounted on the right or left side. The J-Six is engineered with a six piston differential bore design for optimum performance and pad wear.

For the rear we also offer our J-Four calipers that can be mounted with a bracket and also offer greatly improved stopping power over the stock caliper.

Here is our product page with more information there.
http://jbrake.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=4

Feel free to give us a call at 216-265-8400 Monday through Friday, we are happy to answer any of your questions.
Those prices are crazy good!!! I’m a little confused with the way they are listed by model and year. I’m looking for one in black for a 2007 FXDB

Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM
SuperTrapp
Former Sponsor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
Those prices are crazy good!!! I’m a little confused with the way they are listed by model and year. I’m looking for one in black for a 2007 FXDB
Thanks BoostedBoxer04. For your 2000 and up FXDB have a look at our J-6 Ultra and Extreme Calipers.
http://jbrake.com/product_sections/cat.asp?CatID=5
Sorry about the current state of our site, new one is almost ready and will be more informative, hopefully it will be ready by the new year.
Feel free to call in with any questions or concerns or private message me, as I do not want to steal the OP's thread any further.

Last edited by SuperTrapp; 11-29-2017 at 10:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Boostedboxer04 (11-29-2017)

Quick Reply: Brake Systems