Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedomoter lights!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Nate
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedomoter lights!

Has anyone here changed the lights or face of their speedometer gauge? are they regular bulbs or leds? I want to change mine from amber to blue or white and maybe a custom face.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 PM
kpreese
Road Captain
Default RE: speedomoter lights!

I *think* the speedo is sealed and they use long-life LEDs in there. Lights go out, replace speedo. I'm not 100% certain because I looked into this a year and a half ago, but that's what I recall. My bike is an '06 Street Bob.

Kevin

Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Steve Oh
1st Gear

http://www.bluegauges.com/motorcycle/harley.htm
They do the gauges and modified face plates. On late model hogs the speedo and tachs have factory leds. The fuel gauge has a bulb as do the turn signal indicators. If they can replace the leds, then so can you. If you have tools and a soldering iron. I have changed the color of my VW gauges, It looks sweet. I am going to do the same to my 02 lowrider. Not to soon though, I have too many other projects going on. You can get any color, size and brightness of led here http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Hi Nate, Have you tried replacing the speedo and tach lights to blue yet?
I am looking at doing the same but would like to know how indept this mod would be for a DIY project
Thanks a bunch!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:52 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone posted on here, maybe a month ago, about changing the speedo face.he purchased a custom face from a seller on eBay. He said the new face came with instructions detailing how to open up the speedometer. He also mentioned it took hours to do the job.

I just did a search trying to find the post with no luck. Maybe you will better.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Swamphunter
Road Captain

I just changed mine out last month. I have a 96 FXDL and changed all of my speedometer and tach lights, and my fuel gauge lights over to blue. Looks very eerie...kind of cool. Very simple on the older bikes...can't help you on the newer models though. I could try and post a pic of the bluish glow, but not sure if the pic will turn out or not....my bulb change (4 bulbs), took less than 15 minutes.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save yourself the headache...
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

even if you save yourself a few bucks doing it yourself... what if you change your mind later??? plus HD will do the mile transfer to the new odometer, and you can change your color to match your mood! [:@][:'(][&:]

Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 AM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

ID RATHER SEND IT TO BLUEGAUGE FOR 115, THAN GO TO THE STEALER AND DROP 500 BUXON SOME DAMN LIGHTS

Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

Thanks Swamphunter, I'd be working with a 06 FXDL and do most of my own mods and Changes. I think I might be in over my head with this one as the 06 speedo and tach are sealed. I like to see the pics of your bike!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Dynaflyer
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Lewd_Dude

Save yourself the headache...
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

even if you save yourself a few bucks doing it yourself... what if you change your mind later??? plus HD will do the mile transfer to the new odometer, and you can change your color to match your mood! [:@][:'(][&:]

Thanks for the linkLewd_Dude,
The only deal is the bike I'm trying to mod is a 06 FXDL. Page 649 of the Harley catalog has the 4" Spun Aluminum face guages. Cool guages but still would have amber backlites for $450.00+ speedo cert. OUCH!!
Preparing to prepare.
Peace.

Quick Reply: speedomoter lights!