Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The difference a seat can make - C&C (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 07:43 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 139 Posts
Default The difference a seat can make - C&C (pics)

Hopefully this will help anyone in the future looking for a seat.

The stock seat on my Lowrider S seamed fine to me, even did a 3,000 mile trip on it. Only reason I bought a different seat is I wanted a passenger. The Lucky Daves seat looked good on a Lowrider S, so I got one of those. While a photogenic seat it moved me up and forward which is a problem for my build. I eventually put on some of DK's 2" risers and that helped some, but I felt wrong on the bike. The seat turned me in a way that I think was designed for high handlebars, usually you see this seat with very tall risers so I wouldn't be surprised if that was exactly the case. Tall risers just isn't the look I want with the bike, so the seat needed to be changed.

Enter the C&C Sport Tour. I went with the Sport Tour for passenger comfort, they do have a sqaureback and fastback seat that the passenger area is different. Honestly I think the Sport Tour looks right at home, especially in person. I liked the look of the Lucky Daves seat so I had them do some custom stitch work in Brown Gold. A shade that perfectly matches the gold on the LR-S (the Lucky Daves seat's gold was brighter). It only added $25 to the price btw. Seems like a steal given that it looks like a million bucks:

(yes my bike needs a wash, lol)

Now, onto what I found most interesting: it changed my handling. It's just a seat, I know, my guess is it's something with the rider triangle and how I'm pushing at slightly different angles. What I mean by this is the bike now dives into a corner noticeably better. It just seems to want to fall into it, but not fall over. I've compared how riding a Harley feels like cursive in a way, or like moving a bucket of water on wheels with a mop, it's not exact in how it moves but it sort of rolls into the corner gracefully, like cursive. The Lucky Daves seat actually removed this, and I found it reminded me a lot more like a sports bike... until I put on the 2" risers (again, rider triangle), but then I felt on top of the bike more than I wanted. The C&C has kept the cursive feel I really enjoy but now it's like I can write 3 times as fast if I want to. I found it to actually be really exciting, and could noticeably feel the G-force difference in my stomach when I decided to push it harder. It was not something I expected, but something I've found made me 'play' a whole lot more as I went down the road dodging pot holes and tar snakes.

I also found I seemed to be be far more comfortable over all. I went for my average ride, which is about 1.5 hours on some back roads. Usually I turn around at about that time "just because". Today however I went on for easily 3 times as long and enjoyed it much more. In fact I didn't want to come back. The natural riding position seems to be much easier to just naturally lean back for me. In comparison to the Stock LR-S seat I did not feel that I was sitting any lower but I did feel I was sitting further back (yet not further away).

So yeah, I guess I'm now one of those guys who will reply "C&C" in every seat topic from now on, lol. And I will also verify that they were awesome to work with and very helpful.

My bike just is a lot more fun all of a sudden, figure there isn't much greater praise I can give.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:17 AM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Very nice man, what'd it set you back? I have to admit you've got me thinking about a C&C now over the LD seat, me needs red stitching though

Old 09-30-2018, 11:24 AM
Jonesy82
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats, I was strongly considering a C&C seat and for no real reason ended up with a Saddlemen. Happy hearing the positive results!

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 11:56 AM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Thanks guys

Moose, it was $355 after the custom work. They can customize it any way you want, I actually went pretty simple given their options. They have 9 shades of red stitching to choose from for example. Or you know, Gator or stingray, ect, rather than just leather. I ordered it at the end of Monday, it was made and boxed and on a truck by Tuesday and at my door on Friday.

https://www.ccseats.com/

I do suggest contacting them, Chuck was real easy to work with and answered all my questions including the ones I didn't know I had.

moose545 (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 02:28 PM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainAwesome
Thanks guys

Moose, it was $355 after the custom work. They can customize it any way you want, I actually went pretty simple given their options. They have 9 shades of red stitching to choose from for example. Or you know, Gator or stingray, ect, rather than just leather. I ordered it at the end of Monday, it was made and boxed and on a truck by Tuesday and at my door on Friday.

https://www.ccseats.com/

I do suggest contacting them, Chuck was real easy to work with and answered all my questions including the ones I didn't know I had.
That's legit right there all around, I"ll check them out for sure!

Old 09-30-2018, 03:27 PM
Pylot7
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Thats a good lookin seat at a great price and like you say, it changes your riding position in a good way. Some of the seat prices are to me anyway, a bit stiff. That's a great value and a nice seat!

I recently got a really good seat that also gives that support so that when you gas it you are in a bucket and you don't move around at all. Totally changed my stability in controlling the bike and was the last link in the fork brace, emulator, rear shocks upgrades to enjoy how stable the bike is.

Your saddle looks nice!

Old 10-01-2018, 06:25 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Thank you

Yeah I would not have placed a seat making those changes. Guess on everything but a motorcycle a seat is just a seat. Makes sense with how you move the bike, but still, these aren't changes I usually hear anyone mention. Wouldn't have thought about stability either. Must just be on how you relate to everything. Or magic, could be magic.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:39 PM
randyrec
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had 2 C&C seats. Both were excellent.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Pylot7
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Red face

The stability I picked up with the Corbin seat was totally unexpected. The seat is thicker and I sit higher up than the Harley solo seat which I don't like a lot. The Corbin is also a bit slicker so without the back stop part I would slide around more. I'm sure its not magic because my *** still aches after two hours of riding

Old 10-02-2018, 06:06 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,901 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Nice double stitched diamonds!

Quick Reply: The difference a seat can make - C&C (pics)