Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heading for Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 07:15 PM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heading for Vegas

Leaving for LasVegas in 2 weeks, I traded in the 06 Sporty in May for the 07 Dyna just for this trip(lol). from where I live it's about a 1800mi trip, has anyone out there ever done a trip from Michigan to Nevada any information, tips,or hints would be helpful
Thanks All
D/C

Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Unibomber
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Heading for Vegas

Bring water, its boiling hot down there. And Vegas drivers are fun to deal with also.......Wish I had better suggestions

Old 07-27-2007, 07:42 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raingear...jacket.. small set of tools. duck tape. maps. pain pills of your choice...

how many days are you planning on driving and how many miles per day ?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikecop40

Leaving for LasVegas in 2 weeks, I traded in the 06 Sporty in May for the 07 Dyna just for this trip(lol). from where I live it's about a 1800mi trip, has anyone out there ever done a trip from Michigan to Nevada any information, tips,or hints would be helpful
Thanks All
D/C
that would be a blast, if i wasnt that busy, i would ask to come. since iam from michigan also. have fun, go around chicago if possible, dam craziest cagers i have ever dealt with. ride safe. jackyl

Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain

I've never done that exact trip, but I can tell you that long distances are great. A buddy of mine and I take one real long trip every summer. I live in Ohio and we've ended up in Georgia, South Carolina, the East coast, all over the place just riding with no where to be at any certain time. All I know is that when we get back home, we've put countless miles on the bikes. Totally hedonism at it's best for a week. We don't really plan it, we just meet at either of our houses and just go....no reservations, no time limits for our days and no exact destination. We've found the coolest places through the years. Of course in your case I would say that a planned trip to Vegas (one of my favorite, decadent cities) should be f-ing cool as *****.
Any how, as far as tips....just take your time and go as far and long as you can while still maintaining some sense of comfort and enjoyment. Going 80 miles an hour, ***** to the wallfor 1800 miles loses it's glamour after a short time, so depending on your time limits, just find a route(s) that will treat you and your bike as good as possible.....stop when your tired, eat and drink like a fiend at night before bedding down...etc.
Have a safe trip and even though "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"....., try to get some wild pics for us all when you return.
Regards.....

Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey Zeus
Road Captain

By the way....over the years I have learned to bring all the stuff these fellas above have mentioned....Rain gear for sure, water for the road al the time, and yes...tools.
Depending on if you have a conceal and carry permit, a side arm never hurts on a long distance...especially through the desert and such. Nothin wrong with a smokewagonhanging atyour side for the unexpected......

Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Cabo
Road Captain

Bring Money! The girls out there are expensive!

Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 PM
BurgerTx
Cruiser

giggity giggity

ORIGINAL: Cabo

Bring Money! The girls out there are expensive!

Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
BurgerTx
Cruiser

Thanks for posting this. I'm going from Houston to Santa Fe on around Labor Day.

First big trip ever. I am so excited. I'm waiting on my Motherwell Rack for my FXDB as well as a BikersFriend saddlebag (large).

I've even inquired about replacing the stock seat. I would also like to get the bike up to 1000 miles and do the service first.

Definately still planning.

Have fun and be safe!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 02:28 PM
sporty79
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Long trips are awesome, I just got back from an 8500 mile four week trip around the country. A goodrain suit is definitely a must have. Also remember to pack sunscreen, and bug spray if you plan on camping along the way. And don't forget the camera!

Quick Reply: Heading for Vegas