Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GRASSHOPPER!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:11 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: GRASSHOPPER!

I can sometimes tell what state I'm in by the way the bugs taste.............

Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
narosar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received many hard hits to the head and face shield by bugs and rocks but I did not have to feel it as you do since I wear a helmet, just can't make myself ride w/o it as much as I would like to. That chit going in your eye is nasty.

ORIGINAL: eno50

Holy S***does that hurt!
Got hit in the face what felt like a 50 pound grasshopper today. and man did that hurt the gutts went up under my glasses and into my eye. it was justa matter of time,I have had them hit me in the chest before, but that is nothing like below the eye.
What are some of the things other fourm members have been hit with while riding?

Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

Got smacked in the mustache yesterday at 40-50 by a big a$$ black butterfly. Well, I think that's what it was since I saw some when we stopped, and it wasn't a bird 'cause I would have felt the beak...didn't feel great and glad I wasn't going any faster. Get hit by sand in the face all the time while on I-10 - no idea why, it's not under construction like the rest of San Antonio is...

Old 08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
DYNAMITE 1
Tourer

I thought this was a kung fu threadPiece of a tire from a big rig,

Old 08-12-2007, 01:52 PM
lwahl1948
Stage I

I have hit most all bugs at one time or other over the last 40 years riding; but the worse was in El Paso Texas. In 1974 they were harvesting onions, it was hot and no wind.
I'll settle for the bugs.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:13 PM
2tonebob
Intermediate

I've taken some hard bugs under the eye and right at juction of nose and upper lip (eyes watered after that), but the worst so far was on warm day and I had my jacket sleeve cuffs unzipped while doing about 50 and some kind of big bee went up my sleeve and stung the hell out of the underside of my upper arm. At least it was my left arm so I could crush it against my side, it got me once more on the way down my arm then must have fallen out. My arm had about a six inch round red swollen area after wards for a couple of days.

Old 08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
eno50
Cruiser

Wow Alot of gutts in the face here,Man that piece ofre-tread from a big rig must hurt, I think about that alot on the interstate when I pass one,But I like to say away from those big rigs.
I wear a half helmet and glasses, I think I'am going to get another helment with shield snaps and start wearing a face shield this time of year, the buggs are bad.
as for re-caps I do not think a suit of armor would help..

Old 08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
lilrooster76
Tourer

Took a huge butterfly to the neck the other day...good lord did that hurt!! never thought a nice sweet little butterfly would hurt like that!!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:49 PM
nomad billy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

HAHA me too for 40+ yrs of riding and gettin hit by almost everything , maybe the worst? for me anyway dead fish out of a boat, lucky was only going about 40 trying to pass. First the lid off the styrofoam cooler no prob then the fish [damn that stunck ],right shoulder thought i was going down jerked me to the right let go throttle straightened up went on

Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
eno50
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: nomad billy

HAHA me too for 40+ yrs of riding and gettin hit by almost everything , maybe the worst? for me anyway dead fish out of a boat, lucky was only going about 40 trying to pass. First the lid off the styrofoam cooler no prob then the fish [damn that stunck ],right shoulder thought i was going down jerked me to the right let go throttle straightened up went on

Man That dead fish is funny,I'am laughing my a** off
Wow.....

Quick Reply: GRASSHOPPER!