Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tallboy

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:57 PM
BLT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tallboy

hi all has anyone put a tallboy seat on there bike and if yes do you like it is it good on long rides i am thinking on one i got 06 streetbob

Old 08-23-2007, 03:24 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: tallboy

I'm interested in this as well. I ordered and installed a Sundowner seat before I even knew about the Tallboy. In the pictures, the padding looks the same but I'd love to have an extra inch or two leg extension. If the comfort is the same or similar, you'll like it. I bought the Sundowner for my wife riding on the back thinking I'd just switch it out when she wasn't riding. But, I like it so much, I leave it on there.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 PM
atillman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got one. I like it. I took an extended trip a few months back. On the first day I put in 700 miles and the seat was fine, but I did stop once in between every fuel stop usually for a couple of minutes to get a drink or snack. I went about 70 - 80 miles stopped for about 5 minutes then 70 - 80 miles and stopped for gas and I was fine with the seat. The next morning I decided to go the whole first tank without stopping and my legs were screaming but my a$$ was fine.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:45 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very comfortable to sit on. I'm 6'3" and it made the mid controls workable for me. Does look like a sofa on the bike and will also put you an extra 2" up into the wind. I have since gone to forwards and will probably be selling mine in a month when I get back from Japan.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:52 PM
iwant1
Tourer

I have one that ordered when I first bought my bike.I swap iton and off as I need to. I'm really tall (6' 6") but I have extended forwards on my bike.

I have to say that personally I don't like it.Ii's not as padded as it looks and as you sit higher it raises the centre of gravity and changes the handling of the bike. It feels awkward and I prefer to be low as possible. It is also a really ugly seat because it is so thick. (See below). The good thing about them is the passenger pad is big and thick and comfy.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Couldn't agree more with iwant1's assesment. I thought about getting one awhile back and can say I'm glad I didn't. While this seat puts you back a little more versus the Sundowner which actually pushed my tall *** forward, it is but ugly IMHO. I also did not like the way it changed my position on the bike and how it seemed to handle being up higher and so on It was also just not a good look for my bike.
Now with that said, I have seen it look quite nice on other bikes, especially WG's with sissy bars and the like.
I guess I just prefer a more streamlined look and the wife is rarely going to ride with me so I just bought a stock passenger pillon off a board memeber for when she does.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
pauletich
Road Master

I got a sundowner and just had it re-foamed. It raised me up 1 to 2 inches and back 1. Get fit and comfortable..

Old 08-23-2007, 07:47 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BLT

hi all has anyone put a tallboy seat on there bike and if yes do you like it is it good on long rides i am thinking on one i got 06 streetbob
6'3", 270# - I had one and eBayed it after a couple months. Sat me up way too high in the wind and looked wrong on my Dyna. Im now have a Mustang Squareback; awesome seat. 1500 miles in 4 days (Sturgis) and no complaints!