Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOW! DFO & Big Sucker *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 PM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: WOW! DFO & Big Sucker

Well, it will still help, as you are able to tune your bike more for power/performance, rather than economy and emmissions, which what your bike has now. Most of us are messing with the tuning for the power. If the bike has enough power for you now, as-is, then just leave well enough alone. I like a more performance oriented motor, hence, modifying the EFI, etc.

~Joe

Old 09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
shoptroll
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Elginator

I'm pretty much a newbie too. A DFO doesn't really do anything for you if you still have stock pipes, does it?
Actually it will. My instructions came with settings for a stock bike and for one withpipes& a/c. The factory has them running too lean to meet EPA standards so a little extra go-juice will make the bike run smoother and cooler.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I agree.

~Joe

Old 09-08-2007, 08:52 AM
ameristo
Cruiser

I have been running the TFI unit for a little over a year. I have D&D tuned headers and a big sucker air cleaner along with the stage one download. It does make a difference especially during acceleration and above 4000 RPM's. Also fuel mileage went from 49mpg bone stock to 45mpg with stage one download to 39mpg with TFI. So I installed a switch so I could turn it on for performance and off for economy.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
dougm1950
Intermediate

Shoptroll - do the setup instructions go as far as specific pipes and a/c or just generically? I assume these are just starting points to keep from having to start from scratch, right?

Also, where did you mount the unit? Under the seat or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Doug

Old 09-09-2007, 10:23 AM
shoptroll
Banned

It just lists settings for stock and stage 1. You have to fine tune it from there to whatever your personal preferences are. Imay start another post to see if I can get everybody that's using one to list the performance mods that they're using and what settings they ended up with.

Old 09-09-2007, 01:19 PM
dougm1950
Intermediate

Thanks - did you mount it under the seat in that little area ahead of the battery?

Old 09-09-2007, 06:03 PM
shoptroll
Banned

ORIGINAL: dougm1950

Thanks - did you mount it under the seat in that little area ahead of the battery?
Yep. You can't really mount it because of all the electrical connectors under there so I wrapped the sides of the unit with 1" x 1/8" sticky foam glazing tape and put a strip on the back also. That way I don't have to worry about vibration and wear with it lying on top of the harnesses.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Sec Super Glide
Road Captain

The same set up I am running after three sets of pipes and a lot of switching around this set up is best so far.JMO

Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

I would like an increase in power also. does anyone have any dyno results. im running a stage 1 mass air and the older version screamin eagle slipons. best my bike would do was 70 hp. how much more HP do you guys think a dfo could make also been pondering on buying some Vance and Hines Bigshots staggered.

Quick Reply: WOW! DFO & Big Sucker *UPDATE*