Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

* HOW TO * under fifty bux *

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 AM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by darkcvc
Has anyone seen WW2 ammo cans mounted as saddlebags?? In the process of doing this, and so far it is probably going to be for less than $50, but I got the ammo cans for free..
Check out this, it may help;
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ddle-bags.html

Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 AM
darkcvc
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome, that is a little more work than I was thinking, was hoping to not have to cut the ammo cans..

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Anybody can bolt anything to their bike, but to make it look good is art.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:21 AM
mud
muderator
Received 8,793 Likes on 2,068 Posts

great job. very creative. doesn't get any cheaper than this one.
Originally Posted by 128auto
I always look for 5 x 8 side mount plate holder but nothing available, yes we do have huge ugly license plate in BC. I decided to make my own, digging around and found the upper belt guard works perfect. I cut the belt guard to length, drill 2 mounting holes and mount it on the swing arm, it looks pretty good to me. I will get some Kury led light bolts tomorrow and complete it. Just wanna share the idea, see picture below.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Po2387
I saw a few pictures of what the BCT baffles look like, but did not feel like spending the money for them. Not yet anyway, so I thought of this idea in the mean time. I took out my standard Vance and Hines baffles that come with the Big Shots and attached these eyebolts into the end cap of each pipe to hopefully give about the same amount of back pressure. The bike is up on the lift when I did this, so have not been able to test it yet. Still waiting to get my 21" wheel on the bike. Let me know what you guys think.
I did question this mod but did some research and it is what the BCT baffles look like. Nice low buck mod. Crazy to think this is cosidered a baffle.

Last edited by pontiac69; 06-18-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I did question this mod but did some research and it is what the BCT baffles look like. Nice low buck mod. Crazy to think this is cosidered a baffle.

HAHAHAHAHA, I'll remember this one when I'll want to make people bleed from their ears ... Do you have to use torque cones with those ??????

Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM
MattFXDB
Tourer

Dyna battery box bag.

I needed someplace easy to put my cell phone and wallet and other small items on the bike, and I had seen this a few places around the forum, but never with much detail. Cost was around $30 for the bag.

The bag i got from ebay had long holes on the backside for the leather straps that lined up with 2 of the holes on the battery box, so really all i had to do was take a bolt and put it through the backside of the battery box and the bag with washers on either side and then use a locking nut to bolt it on.

I didnt like the way it looked without the band and figured i would try it with the band on and if i didnt like it i could find another band easily if i ever wanted to go without the band. So, i drilled off the plastic retainers on the band that went in the holes that the bolt was now occupying. then drilled out through the hole and mounted the band back on the box, put the bag back in place and bolted it all back together and mounted it on the bike. i think it looks good, and its functional. its not in the way of my legs at all, but i have forwards. it may interefere with mids, but i doubt it.

The bolts i used are longer than necessary, but i was using what i had around. ill get some shorter bolts before long.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Neenjah
Advanced

may have already been posted.. or thought of. i dont have time to go through all 170some pages.

relocated my front turn signals on my 2010 street bob with some home made brackets. its some strap aluminum i had laying around. went to a store with a bolt bin and got some bolts that screw into the turn signal housings and some flat washers and lock washers.

took the hand controls apart, took the turn signals apart and pulled the wires down the handlebars and shoved excess wire in the frame hole, no cuts, no splices.

Last edited by Neenjah; 07-11-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:35 AM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Homemade windshield (pics to come)
Materials:

4x 1" Gardner Clamps with rubber
1x 2'L 1/2" Dia. Type M copper tubing
1/4" - bolts
1/4" washers
1/4" lock washers
blue painters tape
3/16" Lexan

Took 1/2 Type M copper tubing. Cut two pieces then flattened the ends and bent them. Took 3/16" lexan, and cut the shape I wanted.
Used 2 1/2"L 1/4 bolts, washers and lock washers for the bottom so that I could adjust the angle.
Also used 1" Gardner Clamps with rubber coating to connect to the bars.
I am on version 1, and need to tidy up the cut by sanding, but it is functional. At 75 to 80 mph it is like riding at 50 mph.

Cost me $35. I will get some pics up after the weekend of July 4.

Last edited by editbrain; 07-06-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Vins
Club Member

Originally Posted by lee
if youre doing your tank lift you may want to check out fitting a quick release valve,great if your removing tank for maintenance ect valve shuts of when unclipped,fairly cheap & if you by a spare fit one end to another section of pipe & you can drain down your tank real easy making for a easy lift off them tanks are heavy when full. ride safe lee
Where might I get one of these??
Thanks.

Quick Reply: * HOW TO * under fifty bux *