Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Reverend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FatBob Lights

Guys & Gurus,

An Englishmen needs your help. Over here in Good 'Ol Blighty, we have only one of the twin headlights on at any one time, whereas you folk across the pond have both lit.

How can we fix ours up to have both on at once, please? It's not that we're blind, just that if you've got two you should light two..

Jolly good show

Old 12-15-2007, 12:59 PM
metal_mike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FatBob Lights

open 'er up mate.. look how the "lit" one is wired...and duplicate

bobs your uncle!

Old 12-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Steve Zodiac
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't reckon it's that simple old chap.

I assume that one lights up for main beam and the other for dip. If you had them both on at once you'll be riding around with both main beam and dip on all the time. It's all in the design of the bulbs and reflectors. They are different on the UK model.

I've heard it suggested that you could buy the reflectors, plugs, bulbs etc. etc. for an American bike which would of course do the trick. That would be expensive and they'd dip the wrong way (to the right). You'd then be knackered when it came to MOT time. You'd have to swap the old bits back.

If you find out, let me know.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
matkiwi
Road Master

Have a mechanic friend take a look ... it can't be hard and the glass pattern on the UK ones is what 'aims' the beam so should be ok to just change the bulbs and wire accordingly
if no good then a set Australia/NZ reflectors perhaps ... they know which side of the road to ride on too ... there's an Aussie version of this site.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
TARTAN2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: matkiwi

Have a mechanic friend take a look ... it can't be hard and the glass pattern on the UK ones is what 'aims' the beam so should be ok to just change the bulbs and wire accordingly
if no good then a set Australia/NZ reflectors perhaps ... they know which side of the road to ride on too ... there's an Aussie version of this site.

As far as I know the Aussie lights are the same as the UK ...Only one at a time !!

I reckon it means getting US reflectors.......no luck in trying to locate them as yet .....still looking.

Damm stupid setup ..........You got ot luv the politicians that came up with this [:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
krautrock
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: TARTAN2
...no luck in trying to locate them as yet .....still looking. ...
Tartan, you should (in theory) be able to order a US headlamp assembly from any H-D dealer here in the US, the ones that ship worldwide, that is. The part is called "Dual Headlamp Kit", part #69797-08. Cost is $349.00, roughly £173.00 without shipping/duties.