Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Widow Ramps

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:37 PM
4x4Given
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can definitely relate to wanting to take the bike(s) and having to tow a camper. We have a 36' trailer, and I'm really not interested in double towing. Not to mention the fact that I would only have 9' available, due to the 65' overall length limit.

But, our F350 is rated to carry about 2,750 lbs on the rear axle. The bikes weigh about 1,500 lbs and the trailer tongue weight is around 850 - 950 lbs.

Recently, I borrowed a friends PVI Bad Boy II ramp and tested loading both my Utlra and my wife's Deluxe up, in our F350. No problem. Couldn't have possibly been easier. FWIW, my Ultra is lowered 2" too and it didn't drag. Obviously I have to do the "rear axle in a low spot" technique, but the amount is minimal. Using a walk/ride approach it was easy and stable. Oh, and I also remove the bags and carry them separately. Makes it easier to secure the bikes.

Anyway, I am now looking for a nice wide (34" - 38"), long (7 1/2' - 9') ramp, under $350. I see DiscountRamps has the Black Widow on sale for $249, so I'll probably just order one of those.

This way the bikes go with us when we go camping.

Last edited by 4x4Given; 02-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sounds like way to much work! I would just ride the bike.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:49 PM
4x4Given
Tourer

Work? Not really. Takes about 30 minutes to load up and 20 or so to unload (by myself).

During the day, we like to go ride a couple hundred miles, exploring. We avoid most night riding. The wife can't see well at all at night and I'm getting to where I have problem with depth perception at night.

Then there's the fact that we like to go several hundred miles away and go camping for a week or two at time. Down to the coast. Out to east Texas. Up to the mountains. Hopefully Sturgis, next year.

We also like to take our 4 little dogs and sometimes the grandkids. Then of course, we've really grown fond of sleeping in our king bed at night, having a nice cold beer in the fridge, taking a nice hot shower, watching TV and visiting with folks.

It only makes having the bikes all that much more enjoyable.

Last edited by 4x4Given; 02-12-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking at their ramps too and with the plans to lift my 2006 F-150 I have to reconsider if its easier just to tow it. I'd rather put it in the back and tow other things but Black Widow makes those extra long ramps to help with lifted trucks

Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
CRAZYEYES
6th Gear
Default Black widow

I HAVE THE BLACK WIDOW RAMP, I THINK IT'S GREAT. USE IT TO LOAD MY DELUXE ONTO TOYOTA TUNDRA AFTER ONE PRACTICE LOAD WITH A FRIEND ''SPOTTING'' ME I CAN LOAD AND UNLOAD IT BY MYSELF WITH EASE. MY RAMP IS THE 10' AND I FIND IT EASIER TO KEEP IT IN 3 SECTIONS. THERE IS A RAMP LENGHT CALCULATOR ON THEIR WEBSITE THE LONGER THE BETTER I THINK.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:18 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the black Widow 9'er. Absolutely love it! I use the outer two sections for loading and unloading my garden tractor all the time. And as a couple of people stated above, I never connect the three pieces because it makes it virtually impossible to stow away anywhere. I always keep a bunch of zip ties in my saddle bags and just zip tie them together and cut them off as soon as I'm done. It's a lot less time consuming than bolting it together and then unbolting afterwards. Since you're riding a dyna I'm guessing that the bike will fit in the bed of your truck with the tailgate off? My bagger is too long to do that with because I have the 6.5 bed, so I just leave the tailgate down and the rear wheel sits right in the gap between the bed and the tailgate. That way 50% of the rear weight is on the truck and the other 50% is on the tailgate. I'm guessing that you may have to angle the bike to fit it in the truck but I'm not sure. I've got that same truck that's in the add as well, an '07 Dodge Ram 4 x 4, and with the 9 foot ramp I never bottom out when loading or unloading.