Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip on comparison

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Svnty7
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slip on comparison

I've searched the posts, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer to, "Who makes the better slip on?" Taking price out of the equation, who makes the better slip on, Vance & Hines or Cycle Shack or some other? Is there a noticeable difference in sound/performance over stock (2007 Superglide)?

Thanks,

Old 03-17-2008, 10:34 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Slip on comparison

ORIGINAL: Svnty7

I've searched the posts, and I can't seem to find a definitive answer to, "Who makes the better slip on?" Taking price out of the equation, who makes the better slip on, Vance & Hines or Cycle Shack or some other? Is there a noticeable difference in sound/performance over stock (2007 Superglide)?

Thanks,
You can't find the answer because there is no definitive answer. The best slipon is in the EAR of the beholder. What sounds best to some, does not to others. Some people love the Screaming Eagle slipons. Some don't because they are nowhere near loud enough. Some like others because they are loud and some don't because they are too loud or don't have the right tone. You just have to listen around and find what suits your taste.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 AM
dirico1266
Tourer

any slipon weather it be cycleshack, V&H or whatever you prefer is going to be louder then stock.

I have had both of the about and they are dont great sounding. Performace wise I did not see much of a difference between the 2.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I prefer my Rush 2" slip on's to the SEII's I did have. I wanted a little louder and the Rush's delivered.
But like 2007fxdc says, the "beuaty is in the ear of the beholder".

Old 03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Performance will vary little from one model to the next. Look into a stage 1 upgrade which would include at least slipons, a high flow air cleaner, and some sort of ECM calibration be it air/fuel mix via a fuel manager, a download/remap, or a tuner like a PCIII. That's where you'll see a noticeable difference in performance. By replacing the mufflers only, you are pretty much just looking at changing the sound. I've had HD SE II slipons and liked them okay but had no noticeable performance improvement but wasn't looking for any. I replaced them with V&H Straightshot slipons. Liked the sound better but no real performance enhancement. I added a Stage 1 air cleaner and a fuelpak and did notice a significant performance gain. Now, I've gone to V&H Big Radius.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 AM
michaelvs710
Cruiser

if you go to youtube.com you can search the sound of different pipes. I just got a set of Rineharts off of a buddy and they sound great.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:31 PM
the glove
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush slip-ons are loud enuf for me, and a deep rumble tooooooooooooooo

Old 03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Hookalatch
Novice

I have tried SE II's (old style), Rineharts, and Cycle Shack. The Rineharts sounded the best to me. The Cycle Shacks are by far the best performers on my 95" 98hp/100 torque bike. The Cycle Shacks come close to the performance of a V&H Propipe on my bike. Engine modifications affect both sound and performance so my experience may be different than yours.
Chuck

Old 03-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Svnty7
1st Gear

Thanks for all your responses. I went to YouTube and listened to as many samples as I could find. The Cycle Shack slip ons did sound pretty good. I was initally "scared off" because of the relatively low price, but there seems to be enough good reviews of them to consider it. Thanks again.

Svnty7

Old 03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Svnty7, one additional note on the Cycle Shacks. They used to (not sure if they still do) make the SEII's. I had them on my Sporty and am getting ready to order a set for my '08 FXDC, the quality was top notch. I think that you'll be pleased with their sound.

Quick Reply: Slip on comparison