Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:50 AM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator

Rhino
You say it hooks to the wiring harness, ? Do you have to remove the tank to unplug the wires.?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the HD ones, along with the LED Windshield bar for Xmas.
Added the HID headlight & put it in at the dealers..

Got the winter discount for the labor for the HID (1 Hour labor) ... no charge for the mirrors or windshield strip. Learned to accumulate upgrades and do them in the winter

Definately like the mirrors, and the windshield strip.. outer lights on the strip blink as well as the turnsignals. just changed over the normal turn signals to LED's also.
Just wish Harley would do the mirrors and light strip the same color as the turnsignals.. got yellow on top, and orange in the turnsignals..

[IMG]local://upfiles/55933/C3B7D17DE5454A23B9261467ED630A9D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain

sorry guys, must have wandered into the wrong forum...
hmmm.. ?????

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Scooter Wench
Road Captain

So it appears my dealer is full of ****

I wanted to put these on my Fat Bob and they told me that I wouldn't be able to remove my OEM turn signals and use these in replace of them as the mirrors needed to have the turn signals in place to provide enough resistance? (Or something equally stupid) I wasn't about to spend that much money when the whole objective was to be able to remove my factory turn signals. So I didn't get the directional mirrors and got some nice black billet mirrors instead and was planning on getting some aftermarket turn signal relocation kit as I don't like the length of the stems on the MoCo version.

I'm really annoyed. For what it's worth, here are the mirrors I got instead.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54240/3CD117E00ABD4F13BA19A35C968FF040.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: HawgriderPa

Got the HD ones, along with the LED Windshield bar for Xmas.
Added the HID headlight & put it in at the dealers..

Got the winter discount for the labor for the HID (1 Hour labor) ... no charge for the mirrors or windshield strip. Learned to accumulate upgrades and do them in the winter

Definately like the mirrors, and the windshield strip.. outer lights on the strip blink as well as the turnsignals. just changed over the normal turn signals to LED's also.
Just wish Harley would do the mirrors and light strip the same color as the turnsignals.. got yellow on top, and orange in the turnsignals..

[IMG]local://upfiles/55933/C3B7D17DE5454A23B9261467ED630A9D.jpg[/IMG]
They look good. Do you know if they came with all the wiring needed? Or did they needed to be spliced into the stock wiring?

Old 05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain

Greg, I'll check the installation instructions when I get home and let you know.

Whenever I get something installed, I always have the dealer give me the instruction pages in case something happens while I'm on a rode trip.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
JayOhh
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench

I wanted to put these on my Fat Bob and they told me that I wouldn't be able to remove my OEM turn signals and use these in replace of them as the mirrors needed to have the turn signals in place to provide enough resistance? (Or something equally stupid) I wasn't about to spend that much money when the whole objective was to be able to remove my factory turn signals. So I didn't get the directional mirrors and got some nice black billet mirrors instead and was planning on getting some aftermarket turn signal relocation kit as I don't like the length of the stems on the MoCo version.

Yeah I've read that too, but thats why you put in the load equalizers.

Been wanting to get rid of my turnsignals as well, and the best mirrors I found so far are the Heartlands. But Hate how the plastic isn't tinted. Is it posible to use some kind of spray to tint them on the outside?

http://www.heartland-usa.com.au/acce...ngmirrors.html

Old 07-14-2011, 08:18 AM
kevmiami
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those that purchased, is the RHS mirror convex; can't find any reference. Returning Kury mirrors which were miss-packaged as convex, but were straight. On the Kurys, the straight glass will not cover both your butt and you blind spot - stupid. Cheers, Kevin.

Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 PM
dangerRoss
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Scooter Wench

I did this on my 2009 fat bob. To replace the stock turn signals here's what you do:

- cut the cable going from the stock turn signal. You'll see 3 wires inside (blue, purple, and black)

- The wire coming from the bottom of the mirror is connected to the blue wire. The ground ring terminal is connected to the purple wire. The third wire is not used so wrap it in electrical tape and/or heat shrink.

- The mirrors should be lighted when no turn signal is on. When the turn signal is on, the mirrors wil blink.

- Basically, the whole threaded post of the mirror is ground. On my left turn signal, Inserting the post of the mirror connected the ground. This was not good because it did not let the left mirror blink. So, I isolated the mirror by adding some heat shrink and then installing the mirror (see attachment)

- I did not need any load equalizer. I think this is because the load is equal on both the left and right side of the bike. I do not believe the load needs to be equal from the front and rear turn signals.

Hope that makes sense!

Attached Thumbnails  Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator-img_0706-1-.jpg    Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator-img_0709-1-.jpg    Mirror with Auxiliary Running Light and Directional Indicator-img_0711-1-.jpg  

Last edited by dangerRoss; 05-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.