Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

difference between dyna and softail???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 AM
FrenchXD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: difference between dyna and softail???????

Dyna has a great suspension once you've changed it. I put Ohlins, what a difference.

Luc

Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Two_Into1
Advanced

Sacrifice style,I don't think so.From what I observe when I park my Dyna Lowrider,people are all over me,complementing on how great a looking bike it is.They don't seem to give as much attention to the softails,even when I'm parked beside them.I've test ridden most of the models and the Dyna beats all of them in handling,performance and rugged good looks.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Not true at all. you sit in the softail and on the dyna ... Not so cool guys to rag on another bike.... who cares. just ride what you want and be cool about it. Like i said before, loved my dyna but with my heritage i can go a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way and be in comfort. when you hit the big 50, the back and body don't feel as good, LOL... Cracks me up how some dimbo's like to rag on other peoples bikes...... Chill is the word.

difference between dyna and softail is the thread . Funny how threads always get twisted...... my bikes better than your bike. my bikes better than yours thread, LOL... Lets face it whatever bike we own, we always say it is the best.... [sm=bustedsign.gif]
Voyager1,
First of all, I don't appreciate the "dimbo" comment & secondly, it's clear by your comments that you don't fully understand what this original thread (and it's question) was about. Your solely taking this thread as a "my bike is better than your bike" rant rave & in actuality, it's comments made by guys likeYOU that turn it into such.

There's nothing wrong with asking this type of question. They're both great Harley families, but there ARE differences between Softail's & Dyna's & if I were buying my first Harley & didn't know too much about the different families I'd certainly like to know what they were as well as the author of this thread. Ya know, it's funny...on an open message board with hundreds of members who are all given the equal right to post whatever topic they want it amazes mehow some of you guys feel that you have the right to call certain threads down or say that you'd "nuke" them...etc. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT SHOULD BE POSTED HERE & WHAT SHOULDN'T? If you don't have anything positive to contribute to a certain thread then don't read it & keep your negative comments to yourself.

I never once "ragged" on someone else's bike. I also never once said anything about a Dyna being more comfortable than a Softail either. All I tried to do was help answer this thread's author's question...period. You can't tell me that sitting on a Softail Deluxe feels the same as sitting on Low Rider. Or that sitting on a Fatboy feels the same as sitting on a Wide Glide. You feel as though your sitting IN a Dyna & ON a Softail. Again, go sit on some Dyna's & you'll see exactly what I mean. It's just a different feel. I never once said there's anything wrong with this or that the Dyna feel is superior to the feel of a Softail. Man...always someone lookin' to stir up some sh*t!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

Not true at all. you sit in the softail and on the dyna ... Not so cool guys to rag on another bike.... who cares. just ride what you want and be cool about it. Like i said before, loved my dyna but with my heritage i can go a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng way and be in comfort. when you hit the big 50, the back and body don't feel as good, LOL... Cracks me up how some dimbo's like to rag on other peoples bikes...... Chill is the word.

difference between dyna and softail is the thread . Funny how threads always get twisted...... my bikes better than your bike. my bikes better than yours thread, LOL... Lets face it whatever bike we own, we always say it is the best.... [sm=bustedsign.gif]
Voyager1,
First of all, I don't appreciate the "dimbo" comment & secondly, it's clear by your comments that you don't fully understand what this original thread (and it's question) was about. Your solely taking this thread as a "my bike is better than your bike" rant rave & in actuality, it's comments made by guys likeYOU that turn it into such.

There's nothing wrong with asking this type of question. They're both great Harley families, but there ARE differences between Softail's & Dyna's & if I were buying my first Harley & didn't know too much about the different families I'd certainly like to know what they were as well as the author of this thread. Ya know, it's funny...on an open message board with hundreds of members who are all given the equal right to post whatever topic they want it amazes mehow some of you guys feel that you have the right to call certain threads down or say that you'd "nuke" them...etc. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT SHOULD BE POSTED HERE & WHAT SHOULDN'T? If you don't have anything positive to contribute to a certain thread then don't read it & keep your negative comments to yourself.

I never once "ragged" on someone else's bike. I also never once said anything about a Dyna being more comfortable than a Softail either. All I tried to do was help answer this thread's author's question...period. You can't tell me that sitting on a Softail Deluxe feels the same as sitting on Low Rider. Or that sitting on a Fatboy feels the same as sitting on a Wide Glide. You feel as though your sitting IN a Dyna & ON a Softail. Again, go sit on some Dyna's & you'll see exactly what I mean. It's just a different feel. I never once said there's anything wrong with this or that the Dyna feel is superior to the feel of a Softail. Man...always someone lookin' to stir up some sh*t!
Dude, I rode a bob for over 2 years. I never mentioned your name , but some others were ragging on other bikes. Go back and read the other posts, and chill. Yep. always someone starting some chit .. what can i say, if the shoe fits, wear it . I could care less about wtf you ride dude... when people flame my bike. I bite back . That's the way it is ..You don't like my posts = don't read them lol. A dyna is a awsome bike ... but mine is a sloptail, correct,LOL. Feel free to flame me.... Trust me. I do not care. Ride safe my friend. You must feel guilty as you think i was talking to you. I was not per say . [sm=GrowUp.gif]

Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3336852/tm.htm

good thread per this topic

Old 05-12-2008, 01:11 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can't tell me that sitting on a Softail Deluxe feels the same as sitting on Low Rider. Or that sitting on a Fatboy feels the same as sitting on a Wide Glide. You feel as though your sitting IN a Dyna & ON a Softail.
do you also feel you are sitting ON a Night Train or Softail Custom???....(rocker also)
If you put a well padded comfortable seat on a Dyna as on the Softails mentioned You are sitting On a Dyna.
The wide glide feels more on top of than the Softail custom or Night Train IMHO.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FXDC Rider

Voyager1,

FXDC Rider.. right back atcha. who are you, the thread queen ? [sm=icon_rofl.gif]I post my opinion. you post yours kid.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM
bob37
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

still wondering if the dyna is a taller bike? seems that the frames are larger and give more room for thr rider vs a softail?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bob37

still wondering if the dyna is a taller bike? seems that the frames are larger and give more room for thr rider vs a softail?
as i have had both. seems you sit some higher on the dyna... at least on the street bob.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 PM
fastfxrs
Cruiser

Did you post the same question on the softail site?

Quick Reply: difference between dyna and softail???????