Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HA! Baffles shmaffles..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 02:25 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default HA! Baffles shmaffles..

Hey all,

So I just removed my baffles in my V&H big radius pipes and put in some torque cones. Holy crap are they loud! They sound amazing though, and I definitely sound like every other biker down here in south Florida and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!

I may have lost just a touch of torque, but its barely noticeable. The sound is very worth it. And the best part is, I was getting a lot of sputtering and backfiring and now its gone. Wierd, yes.. but its true. So, I guess we'll find out how it runs the more I ride it. A big thanks to Lundee and 1nuckenfut for helping me out!

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 05-17-2008, 02:50 PM
outback2970
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HA! Baffles shmaffles..

That's what we all say at first..., then for most there is the short period of denial ( no, it's not too loud ) then slowly, the change of heart and re-installation of some other baffleing device. Not saying it's gonna happen to you, just sayin'If it sounds half as bitchin as it looks then it must sound great.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:37 PM
MattsFatBob08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo Adrian,
I'm getting the Big Radius on Wednesday. I take it the big Radius wasn't loud enough for you. How long did it take you to do the baffle removal and install?
Baffling minds want to know. Thanks

Old 05-17-2008, 05:01 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sadly the cops here in QC. .ca are rather wary of noise polloution,,-- unless it's one of their freinds bikes.150$ a pop so I'm keeping mine stock ,at least for now,but good for you man!

Old 05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

That's what we all say at first..., then for most there is the short period of denial ( no, it's not too loud ) then slowly, the change of heart and re-installation of some other baffleing device. Not saying it's gonna happen to you, just sayin' If it sounds half as bitchin as it looks then it must sound great.
Hahahaha!!! That is to funny.. I rode around a shitload today and I'm beginning think its a bit loud. Its not that much louder on acceleration, but when deceling, its L-O-U-D. But I don't think I will change it. It sounds cool. The tone is a helluva lot deeper now.

Yo Adrian,
I'm getting the Big Radius on Wednesday. I take it the big Radius wasn't loud enough for you. How long did it take you to do the baffle removal and install?
Baffling minds want to know. Thanks
They were pretty loud, but I just wanted a bit more. A buddy of mine has a honda shadow 1100 and for some wierd, wacked out reason, his bike made my bike sound like it wasn't even there. I don't understand why his bike is so loud, but it is. But, now, we'll see who's louder!!

It took literally one minute with the first pipe to get the baffle out, then the next one it took a good 30-45 minutes. It was a pain in the *** to get out. And the torque cones just drop in at the head of the pipe. No installation necessary.

Anyway, thanks guys!