Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Street Bob question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Walshie
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Street Bob question

I am picking up my friends 2006 Street Bob next week. Very excited, first HD. Tired of my GSXR. My question is does anyone offer a kit to put a 240mm tire on an 06 Street Bob? I have been lookin around and havent found anything except for Ebay, and I dont want to do it off of there...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:57 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

There are a couple places that you can buy the parts for... but you should know, that doing this will put you out a good $3k!! I'm sure it would look so sick, but I have yet to see anyone on a dyna put a tire that big on. If I had the choice, I'd spend the 3k in engine modifications, and exhaust. But again, that is just me.. congrats on the ride though man! I have an 06 street bob as well... awesome ride!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

take a look at my sig pic, i got the 160 on my bike now but the west coast chop fender i have on will take a 200 and thats what im goin with next. you dont need much more then that. itll look sick and you wont **** with the handling as much. anything more and it inhibits your cornering a bit.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Walshie
2nd Gear

The 160 looks nice, and it will fit a 200 you say? How much did that set up set you back if you dont mind my asking.... I am getting the bike really cheap because he is going into the Air Force. I wouldnt mind droppin 3k on a kit because its already got drag bars, stage 1 kit, forward controls and nice pipes on it... Needs a rear tire so before I buy one I figured I'll just buy new rims and put a big tire on it. If you could send me a link to the places that sold you your kit that would be awesome!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in most cases a 180 tire will slide right in...

i know it may be smaller than you like, but it will only set you back the cost of the tire, or maybe some inner fender bolt plates. there is a thread that has been going on the last couple days about this "dyna wide tire kit".

Old 08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

How to:
http://www.bikernet.com/garage/PageV...sp?PageID=1099

$3295.XX
http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/fat_t...rley_DYNAl.htm

http://www.steelthundercc.com/widerearswingarms.html

I have been thinking the same thing... but instead i think i am going to keep the 180 maybe do a 200 and run an open primary instead.... the more i ride my buddies 240's and 300's the more i REALLY HATE THEM... can not get them upright after turns, just want to roll on the Hwy... not really for me, and I LOVE THE LOOK... not sure if you have ever rode one but i have rode ALOT of em... if you want to see what it is like go take the M109 bulivard from suzuki for a spin... WOW fast fast cruiser but does not turn for crap... my advice... run a 200 with custom wheels, you can talk to Skyrider about how to do this... your going to have to mill a spacer to offset the pully but that is really about it... then rock an open primary! way cooler... much more trick and you will not have to worry about painting the rear fender or for that matter the whole bike... alot of the kits come withe everything for a 240 but you still have to powder the swing arm and paint the fender so add another few hundo on to the price... there is a fella on here a few years ago that REALLY tricked his bob out and he ran a 240... i think he won BOTM a while back.... you keeping the GSXR? that is my fav "afordable" sport bike... no one has anything on MVagusta (at least before HD took them over, we will see about that) you need anything let me know... i have done the 300 kits on slop tails but never a dyna... most of us like to carve to much

Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.harley-davidson-choppers....rley_DYNAl.htm

oops... same link as joe's above... sorry